The Doors Like em?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Doors Like em?

Man I was listening to The End Live last night as I couldn't sleep and what a great show that was. You really can hear the magic of a doors show. Morrison has the crowd laughing but you can tell his drunken disdain that they are laughing at his comments. Densmore trying so hard to reel morrison back in you can just hear his pounding away trying to get the band back on track. Robby is just floating along with Jim in whichever direction. Just that one song recorded sums up all the feelings in that band brought out live and it is a really good version.

Anyway I have always been a fan of the doors and the sonic landscape they took on. Any other fans out there? I know the Atomic Fruitbat is.
    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
    So that none of its lies can affect me

Re: The Doors Like em?

Yes, I have always loved The Doors. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

i did a book report on jim morrison in the 3rd grade and jimi hendrix in the 4th. my 8 brothers and sisters were hippie/rockers.
      Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

by the way, i love the doors.

Comment

Cant stand them. Singer sounds like a glen danzig wannabe [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Cant stand them. Singer sounds like a glen danzig wannabe [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure Glen Danzig and Jim Morrison are the same person. Jim didn't really die, he just hit the gym. That mother fixation is the clincher.

Comment

One of my mosted hated artists, along with bob dylan and nirvana...

Comment

Morrison was a douche no doubt about that. A grade A douche. He was one drunk angry man for being a rich rock star in his early 20's. Him thinking he was a shaman? No you were just drinking too much firewater like too many indians have done in recent years.

The sound textures of their songs the tribal beats and just crazy nonsense they were doing (Soft Parade) made them interesting but they are not relevant without Jim

Comment

girls melted at his feet. one of my early idols.

Comment

Never really liked them. Too boring for me, then too deap at times. They put me right to [img]/images/graemlins/sleep.gif[/img] better than Sominex.
                    Scott
                    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

can't stand them...never did like them, never will.
                      shawnlutz.com

Comment

Jim was the weak link as a singer, and his lyrics are just drug trips. The musicianship was amazing.

Comment

"since her mind left school, it never hesitates. she won't waste time on elementary talk, cuz she's a , 20th century fox"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Jim was the weak link as a singer, and his lyrics are just drug trips. The musicianship was amazing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jim was the weak link musically no doubt but he was the reason people came out to see them.

Comment

melted at his feet. saw more ass than a new york taxi.

Comment

Working...
                              X