1999 Suburban 2500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1999 Suburban 2500

Hey guys, I am going to look at a 1999 Chevy Suburban LS 3/4 ton 4x4 with the 454 engine, 65,000 miles, leather all the power goodies and air and cruise. Heavey duty hitch. He is asking $15,500 o/b/o Are these any good and what is a good price to offer-$12,000? Thanks-Jack.

Re: 1999 Suburban 2500

Maybe you could trade him that korina Soloist straight up. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Man would that be a sweet deal [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

You're not too concerned about escalating fuel prices, are ya?
        It's a buyers market on trucks like that. Wait a month or two...the price will be way lower.

Comment

That's a pretty darn good price on it. Here where I live that would easily be a $16,500 truck. Let's put it this way, that's so cheap my first thought is "what's wrong with it". I'd be on that like white on rice if I were in the market for another truck.

Comment

I had a 98 LT. I couldn't give it away. I think that is a little high for a 1999. If I was you I would hold out for a 2000 or newer. Drive train, interior, handling, horse power everything is 100 times better in the newer 2000 body style over the old late 90's body style.

I traded my 98 in on a 2004. Best move I ever made.

Comment

I have heard the same thing about the 1999 to the 2000, but the newer rounded body style kinda bothers me. I did find a 2000 2500 with the 350, but it is $17,999 and all White [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] I was thinking of offer $10,000(for the 1999) and all he can say is NO. I tell you one thing, anything with the Turbo Deizels are holding there value alot. Jack.

Comment

Private Party Value seems to be about $12,300 from Kelly Blue Book.
                Fill out this Kelly Blue Book Form
                The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Thanks bro!! I will get the specs today and type it all in. Jack.

Comment

I drove the Suburban today, and all I have to say is sweet!! The 454 isn`t the most powerfull in this vehicle, but it will do. The one thibg that suprised me was it had Tortion Bars on the front, instead of heavey coil springs. It also has a much softer ride than equal Dodge trucks of said 3/4 ton range. This thing is fully loaded and very clean. I think I will make an offer. As a side, I drove a 1998 3/4 Dodge Ram today also, and it was sweet, except the Tranny kinda seamed weird, stiff shifting the gear shifter(automatic) and when you kick it down, it seams to struggle some. It may nead a tuneup, but I am still a little leary as the Suburban was smooth as butter!! Jack.

Comment

The Dodge trans is a somewhat of a troublesome peice bro, if it's acting sorta strange, stay away. The GM would be a comparably better choice. But, I'll imagine that the 454 will drink some major fuel. My Yukon with a 350 sucks it down fast. I'm not there is enough difference in power between the 350 and the 454 to justify the fule consumption. But, it will be a cool peice I'd guess nonetheless. I see a lot of them and the 454 is a classic motor.

I prefer the torsion bar ride, it is pretty comfy.

Comment

Do you really need that much motor? I had a 1996 with a 350, then traded it in for my current 2001 with a 5.3 liter (I think that's the old 327) engine. Not only do I get better gas mileage, but I got increased torque over the older 350. I pull an 18' bassboat and occasionally a 10' utility trailer. You never know they are there.

Unless you're towing some monster boat, camper, etc, you'd be better off in the long run with a smaller guzzler.
                        "POOP"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Hey guys, I am going to look at a 1999 Chevy Suburban LS 3/4 ton 4x4 with the 454 engine, 65,000 miles, leather all the power goodies and air and cruise. Heavey duty hitch. He is asking $15,500 o/b/o Are these any good and what is a good price to offer-$12,000? Thanks-Jack.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Jack, do you own a gas station? If not, do you close your eyes when you go to the pump because that truck probably gets 12mpg if your lucky. Last time I looked, Super Unleaded was close to $3.00 per gallon. Are you gonna use it for business where you can write the gas off? Holy crap man, a 454?? Sounds good for the occasional trip to the boat launch or dragging the trailer around but I wouldn't want to be driving something that rough on gas daily. BTW.. because of the current gas prices I would think that asking price is HIGH!!!

Comment

To give you an idea of fuel costs, I burn super unleaded at $2.41 a gallon. Since prices have escalated, my monthly gas bill is approximately $265-$300. If I stay at 2000 RPM (about 74 mph) or lower, I get about 16.5 miles on the highway. The minute I rise above 2100 RPM (about 80 mph), my engine starts drinking gas like a kid slurping down an ICEE.
                            "POOP"

Comment

I don't even like putting gas in my 2000 Nissan Sentra SE 2.0 and that car gets 30+ mpg.

Comment

Working...
                              X