Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to use a Mp3 player in a Live situation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to use a Mp3 player in a Live situation?

Alright so after having trouble with my bassist, we tried again and we got somewhere [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/idea2.gif[/img]

We do not have a drummer so we will be using a drum track live / with some effects as well as bass undertones.

I was thinking about buying a MP3 player and connecting it to a Guitar Amplifier for now...
    What do you guys think?

Re: How to use a Mp3 player in a Live situation?

Not trying to be a dick, but I have seen bands using loops and backing tracks as apposed to actual players. It leaves alot to be desired and any slip ups on stage are glaring. I wouldnt run the device through an amp. A PA would be better suited, but if you do not have one available then you have to get crafty.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Not trying to be a dick, but I have seen bands using loops and backing tracks as apposed to actual players. It leaves alot to be desired and any slip ups on stage are glaring. I wouldnt run the device through an amp. A PA would be better suited, but if you do not have one available then you have to get crafty.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand that, but we can't find a drummer and its just a waste of time trying to find one to practice with. We had one, but hes always with his girlfriend who is 20+ miles away so its just sucks.

I'm sure we won't f up, I'm not a shredder and there aren't complicated rythems on our music so its not a big worry.

Comment

Totally missed the practice part, and totally understand. In that case just about anything will work.

Comment

Why not bring a DVD and play it on a big screen...then you won’t have to bring any gear or karaoke to an mp3 player [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I'm sorry but if your want to be in a performing band and taken seriously then have a band.

I'm not a band if I go play guitar to pre-recorded backing tracks.

I'm sorry to be an ass but milli-vanilling it is so lame...
          shawnlutz.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Why not bring a DVD and play it on a big screen...then you won’t have to bring any gear or karaoke to an mp3 player [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/stupid.gif[/img]

Comment

I'd use something or ANYTHING over mp3. When you get to stage volume, MP3s audio limitations become glaring. If you're going to do this, use a CD player or a decent sampler.

I actually played a similar type of show on saturday night, just me and a friend with a Drum Machine and an MPC2000 making noise. It was a house show, they needed one more band at the last minute, 45 mins of practice, 30 min set. It was fun, but I'm sure it was boring to watch.

Comment

Working...
              X