Hurricane Emily

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hurricane Emily

Emily is heading my way. I live 9 miles north of Mexico and 45 minutes from South Padre Island. I bought lumber and tomorrow I will be boarding up windows. I have a two car garage separate from the house I keep my equipment and motorcycles in. I am going to bring in some folding tables to get all of my guitars off the floor. I have cases for almost all of my guitars but sh!t I don’t want to loose any thing. I don’t think Emily will be to bad but it is just the start of the hurricane season. PRAY FOR MY BABIES!
    Just one more guitar!

Re: Hurricane Emily

Hope you make it thru unscathed, Scotty!

Comment

Well nobody told me!!! I'm supposed to be where?! [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

But in all seriousness... really... take care folks. Hope she's not too harsh on y'all.

-Em

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/idea2.gif[/img] Send them to me... I'll take good care of them [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] We can all sit out in the sun here in Cali and soak up the rays far far away from any harm!!!

Comment

... Unless the earthquake and tsunami crush them and wash them into the sea, or the brushfires consume your house, or the mudslides bury them under tons of earth...
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Scotty, I just checked on the status of Emily, she's a pissed off bitch with sustained winds of 155 mph. One more mph and she'll be a Cat. 5 monster. Projected path, just south of you which means you'll take the full onshore assault. Batten down the hatches and get the axes out of there.

Comment

she is picking up steam too. Good luck, I hope you guys don't get hit.
              shawnlutz.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                ... Unless the earthquake and tsunami crush them and wash them into the sea, or the brushfires consume your house, or the mudslides bury them under tons of earth...

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Dude Scotty.... Come on up to the NE corner anytime. Bring your equipment and I'll take off from work and throw a hurricane party for you.

Comment

Scotty, you say you're 45 minutes away from South Padre Island. If that means 40-50 miles inland and you're not in a low-lying area, you should be okay if you tie down the things in your yard that'd blow around in a hurricane, like trashcans, barbecues, lawn furniture, etc... ALso, board up your windows with plywood if you can, or tap 'em with duct tape if you can't, in a cross pattern. That won't keep them from breaking but it might keep them from blowing in; you don't want the wind getting into your house. If the house is sturdier than the garage you may want to bring
                    your most prized gear into the house, if you can't bring it all in.

Take care and be ready to get inside and lock up by 12 hours before the actual hurricane is set to hit. The weather can be really bad that far ahead, as tropical storm winds can extend 200 miles out from a hurricane's center. Get water, canned foods, lotsa batteries and whatever else the local news tells you to stock up on. Take precautions and you'll be fine.
                    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

She be coming. I think I have taken care of every thing. Now I just need to keep my fingers crossed. I live between McAllen & Brownsville.
                      Radar

They let us out of work at lunch and told us not to come in tomorrow. I hope they are going to pay us. I need to pay off a new Charvel Pointy, and I want it already.
                      Just one more guitar!

Comment

She doesn't want to come ashore, seems like. She's also shrinking down within herself, which is probably good for you. I think you'll just get the periphery, a good wind and rainstorm but not the brunt. Anyway, hunker down and be safe!
                        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I'm here in Galveston on business. Just a little bit of wind and rain here. Of course I am about 400 miles north [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I will mention that the waves are pretty spectacular for the Texas coast.

Stay safe there in South Texas.

Comment

Working...
                          X