Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone want to design us a spiky band logo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: not spikey...lol

Surely if its freeware its free to use? Although Having it as a band logo could be classed as using it for profit couldnt it?

James

Comment

I design logos for a living....well it's part of what I do. But, I must say, these are pretty good. The font specific logo is always effective. A good example is Creed. Then you have your font specific coupled with a symbol or design (ie- Godsmack -or- Dream Theater). If your band plans on using the acronym "QBT", you may consider a symbol that incorporates the letters in it. Or a lasting symbol to be recognized easily.

Here is my submission: QBT logo click here
      >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Surely if its freeware its free to use? Although Having it as a band logo could be classed as using it for profit couldnt it?

James

[/ QUOTE ]

A bandlogo would qualify as commercial gain.

I have close to a thousand custom fonts installed, for use in photoshop and other imaging programs (3dsm, etc.). Almost all come with a readme stating the usualy legal blabla and disclaimer.
        You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Freeware logos (meaning ones you don't have to pay for) are fair game. The font I used in the above logo is done with a freeware font, and I looked all over for licensing jargon for that specific font (as I always do when doing logos)...none to be found.

James...I got your PM and am getting ready to respond. Thanks mate!

~Ken

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I design logos for a living....well it's part of what I do. But, I must say, these are pretty good. The font specific logo is always effective. A good example is Creed. Then you have your font specific coupled with a symbol or design (ie- Godsmack -or- Dream Theater). If your band plans on using the acronym "QBT", you may consider a symbol that incorporates the letters in it. Or a lasting symbol to be recognized easily.

Here is my submission: QBT logo click here

[/ QUOTE ]

Doug....I'm wondering if I'm the only one here who caught that man!....phuckin' phunny!...LOL! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

q*bert is too cool...lol...d.m.
              http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Lol we're gonna get that a lot arent we [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

James

Comment

Qwak....qwak....qwak.....wheeoooooooooooooooooo! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]...oh the flashbacks!!!....AHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Hours and countless pocketfuls of quarters spent on that goddamn game!! [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                    X