awesome Jeff Loomis interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• awesome Jeff Loomis interview

http://www.metalsludge.tv/main/index...ge&pageid=1053 [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Re: awesome Jeff Loomis interview

Wow...he gave Kerry King rating of 10..

Comment

hmm I'm dissapointed in Jeff, he gave DeMartini a 7 and King 10 and he likes Goth more than Glam, WTF?? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Goth is the gayest thing ever.
      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

well Jeff is doin' somethin' right..

that's for sure...

I'd take goth over glam too...but you guys already knew that.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

well, god forbid he have different tastes to your own. He clearly doesn't know what he's talking about. I'm dumping all my Nevermore CDs now [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
          Hail yesterday

Comment

speaking of God Forbid...Jeff does a wanking solo on the last song of their second album..

would be cool as hell to get Jeff on your music...I would be honored..

and of course I will ask him...I don't care if he farts on it...cool with me.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

awesome interview!

"You could play Malmsteen’s "Trilogy" note for note at age 14? True
              You can drink 20 bottles of beer and still play lead? True"

holy $hit....trilogy is hard as hell, and well...i think i couldn't even walk after 20 beers [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

dude..I got a Loomis demo when he was 15

he was ALWAYS awesome..

I don't think he ever sucked..

funny how he almost got the gig with Megadeth...but he looked to silly and young to kick Dave's ass every night..

he was up for grabs in Vicious Rumors too..

Comment

DSS3 is gonna love this interview ... taking that he didnt see it before hehe.
                  You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

Loomis freaking rules man, the new song is just vicious some of the heaviest riffs they have done. I liked the interview and he gets big bonus points from me for his words about Jason Becker, who to me is my biggest guitar hero.

Not a big fan of Annihilator is he? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

yeah I guess not...I think Jeff Waters is a very good player..I would think that Jeff would like him..

he must have his reasons..

I think Jeff Loomis is the best metal guitarist there is PERIOD!

Comment

"I think Jeff Loomis is the best metal guitarist there is PERIOD! "

+1 !!!!!!

regarding annihilator...maybe it's because of the bad touring experience he had with them. he also mentions this in the interview.

i really like annihilator, esp. the first 3 records...esp. the very first [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] jeff waters rules....although his compositions are so weird that sometimes it's quite hard to take them for serious [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Great interview. I loved the Lynch story. Loomis is a great player.
                          Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

by the way, you can read jeff water's response to those comments at blabbermouth.

Comment

Jeff's ratings of the guitar players seems to have very little to do with actual technical ability and more so on whether or not they inspired a style of music or himself directly. He gives all the ex-nevermore guitarists a 10...as well as Kerry King...but Lynch gets an 8.

FAct is...lynch didn't really do anything new..he was just a good player and they're are alot of those.

Comment

Working...
                              X