exMan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: exMan?

<font color="aqua">Nothing wrong with EARLY Elton John, that was good stuff back then.... </font>
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

I hate Elton John...just not my thing man..

and that's my era too...you'd think I would like his stuff..

NOPE! [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img]

Not saying he's not a good song writer because he sure is...he just doesn't write songs that appeal to me...like the Stones...there maybe two stones tunes I like maybe...just like the Who...two songs maybe...

My dad ruined me when I was young with Sabbath...he was a biker in a MC club and his record collection was Cream , Sabbath , Iron Butterfly , blue cheer , spooky tooth , stepenwolf , the guess who , Jimi , the first two Zeps , the crazy world of Authur Brown (FIRE) and shit like that..

no happy music...that explains it I guess.. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I like some of Eltons songs, like Little Jeanie, and Bennie and the Jets, but compared with Sabbath and The Guess Who, his stuff becomes quite like bubble gum............

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          I like some of Eltons songs, like Little Jeanie, and Bennie and the Jets, but compared with Sabbath and The Guess Who, his stuff becomes quite like bubble gum............

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">well, yeah, definitely but as a band, they were very talented and had a great sound back then. </font>
          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

you guys ever hear dream theater's cover of funeral for a friend? that was note for note. goodbye yellow brick road, and the captain fantastic albums are great, and have some really, really good guitar work on there. check out a song called "we all fall in love sometimes" the solo on there kills me every time.

he's fuckin' phenomenal.
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

never said he wasn't good ...he just doesn't appeal to me. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

there is some GREAT musicians who can really play....they just play all the wrong notes to me.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I like songs written in minor keys..like D minor...the saddest of all keys...it instantly makes you weep..just like Nigel Tufnel's..."lick my love pump"..i [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] indeed. it showcased his bach and mozart influences... kind of a "mach" piece.

sully
                Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                Sully Guitars on Facebook
                Sully Guitars on Google+
                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

"indeed. it showcased his bach and mozart influences... kind of a "mach" piece."
                  sully

...... [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah sully, I've heard DT's cover. I thought it was pretty decent. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Davey Johnstone play on Alice Coopers Flush the Fasion album?? I've always liked his playing, who ever he is playing with. And that gnarly tone on EJs The Bitch is Back...gotta love it.
                    The Buzzard does not fear
                    The man in riot gear
                    Harvest a skull of stone
                    The Buzzard grows his own...

Comment

My favorite EJ was his role in Tommy. He was pretty cool in that... not to mention, the movie was really cool overall.

Comment

I never seen that movie...never.. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

But I did watch "Boy in the plastic bubble" the other week...

it was awesome! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

NOT!

Comment

Elton is an icon as much as Paul McCartney, great sonwriting and his guitarist does some brilliant stuff IMO.
                          I grew up on my sisters collection...yellow brick road was one.

Comment

Elton John agreed to be in Tommy on the condition that he could keep the boots [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Bill - Yeah, that Arthur Brown (FIRE!) thing - used to see that video on MTV [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            It was definitly a corny piece of work - I guess that's the reason I can't get into the Grunt-n-Screech vocals, because of the first line of that song. It starts off really cool and sounds like it's gonna be a total skullcrusher:
                            "I AM THE GOD OF HELLFIRE! AND I BRING YOU.."

then it breaks off into some hippie-headtrip keyboard pop, and the guy bobbing around in that Greek Drama Club mask and Darth Vader robe [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            That just ruined it right there [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Every time I hear shouting/growling vocals like that, I think of that one video, and I can't take them seriously [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I'm the same way with the Stones and the Who - a few songs here and there - not enough to justify an album. I thought I'd take a chance and get a Who compilation disc a while back. There's like 30 songs and I can only stand maybe 5 of them [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            Doesn't look like I'll take a chance on 40 Licks, though [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I love that song NEWC...I used to watch a local late nite Horror B-movie host called .."The Ghoul"..

I used to stay up every Friday to watch it...way before cable where you only had a couple of VHF channels...late friday night...well that song was on constant rotation on The Goul ..then my dad would play it..

very very cheezy ...but it's engraved into my gooey soul... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I always wanted to do that song ..me and my singer bud always wanted to do that somehow..he watched The Goul too!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I love the sound of that laughing part...he sounds insane! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                I just never mentioned it here because this is a Jackson guitar forum, not a “Hey Guys! I’m a transsexual!” forum

[/ QUOTE ]

the way it should be!
                                unusual thread and news for sure. wow...you are strong. more power to ya.
                                man to a woman...no problem (or you were always really a woman, I guess this is more correct?). do something really crazy like change from Jackson to ESP though, and you're outta here!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] good luck with the music career.

Comment

Working...
                                X