exMan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: exMan?

I have san Dimas Charvels...I'm on the darkside..

but I was already there without the Charvels... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

But I must say...it's kinda lonely on the darkside... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Annah....I came to the board in and around the same time as you I think (I was deployed to Saudi Arabia at the time) and I always enjoyed your posts...missed your absences (spelling?) and always thought of you in high regards...none of that has changed...Keep rockin girl [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
      I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        [ QUOTE ]
        I was just watching Discovery health channel and there was this "woman" that used to be a man... playing in a band and she played a sweet looking RR1. It was a interesting show... The woman looked VERY familiar but I'm not trying to start a thread poking fun at anyone or anything like that. Just wondering if anyone else saw this show? No need to mention the name of the person. I dont know if they would be upset about it or not even though it was on TV...

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, I just read the first page, and I'm not even going to bother reading further. I just have to ask what the big deal is. I used to have 2 sisters. I now have a brother and a sister. It's not a big deal, only when people make a big stink out of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was watching Clockwork last night Zeeg's

Actually I do think the show is a big deal. So many people have misconceptions etc... and what Annah is doing is great in that respect so I know what you are saying but it should be discussed. This thread turned for the better after the first page FYI.

Kinda reminds me of David Cross "Gay" skit. you have to actually hear it but the point is if it is simply a choice why would a person invite so much more pain and ridicule into their life?
        I keep the bible in a pool of blood
        So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

David Cross is a silly bastid!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

indeed! i miss mr. show. i gotta get that on dvd one of these days. thanks for the reminder, bill!
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I get two episodes a week of Mr. Show on Tivo. I love him in arressted and he was spectacular as Donny on just shoot me. I love Bob too. David Cross stand up is funnybut it is such a Bill Hicks rip-off
              I keep the bible in a pool of blood
              So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Annah, I've always considered you an awesome musician and friend. Nothing will ever change that. Keep Rocking!!!
                Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  .....i will say that this bit of news better not impact the way that she's treated here.

sully

[/ QUOTE ]

+1,000,000... Annah is class act not to mention an astounding musician; let's not lose her due to idiocy. [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img]
                  My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    ... the point is if it is simply a choice why would a person invite so much more pain and ridicule into their life?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you Tetsuo! No kidding.

One of my favorite quotes, one that I have lived by since I was about 17, came from a guy I worked with at my first job. I asked him a job-related question and his reply was, "There is no 'why'. There just is." That is true for who I am, for who you are, for who any of us are. We simply just are. The problem is not inherent to who or what we are, but how we respond to how others are. But we cannot expect all people to be accepting of all others, no matter what. It would be nice, but that's not how humanity is. So then, with that realization, you have to ask yourself, "Do I want to repress who I really am because there are a bunch of people out there who might not like me? Should I give away my happiness because someone else might not like who I am?" And then you make your choice. One can only choose to repress for so long - much like putting air into a balloon - eventually you will run out of space and explode. That's usually when bad things happen.

I like the comment Zeegler made about this not being such a big deal, and honestly, it really isn't. I'm no more different than anyone else, for the most part. And people who don't know my history quite frankly have no idea about me. I like it that way, but I also don't like seeing people like me get ridiculed and emotionally and physically hurt by people with no compassion. Hence my desire to be forthright and open about it.

Anyway, I can tend to ramble on, especially about this subject...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      [ QUOTE ]
                      BTW since I didn't see the show does anyone know when it will air again?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sat July 30th @ 8pm ..

[/ QUOTE ]

@8pm in which zone??
                      The Buzzard does not fear
                      The man in riot gear
                      Harvest a skull of stone
                      The Buzzard grows his own...

Comment

est
                        Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Anyway, I can tend to ramble on, especially about this subject...

[/ QUOTE ]

i wouldn't call sharing insight and life experience "rambling." [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                          Sully Guitars on Facebook
                          Sully Guitars on Google+
                          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

<font color="aqua">wow...that was quite a read. Annah, may I say that I have an enormous amount of respect for what you have done. I couldn't even imagine going through what you have been through and even on top of the usual everyday crap we all go through. I'm not the best at conveying my words in type so I won't go into a long winded post but keep up the great guitar work and I wish only the best for you and your carreer. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Cheers- [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] </font>
                            Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Wow. I checked out your other site Annah. Talk about courage...amazing stuff. I am now going to TIVO the Discovery show so I can see it. Shit, it makes the large port wine birthmark I have had to deal with for 37 years look like a mosquito bite. Best wishes to you and the band!

Comment

Ok I am mad at Annah! She never mentioned Jackson Guitars!!! [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] Actually there were some great shots of her playing the RR though!

Annah, I just want to say personally I know I can never understand what you were going through but I respect your decision and I am glad you are happy now. Keep rockin girl!!!

Oh and your exwife is HOT! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X