After we played last night...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After we played last night...

Last night after our band finished playing and we were loading out, we had several people come up and compliment us on our set, which is both an honor, and normal. However, one guy said that we rocked, and then he asked me if I listened to Nine Inch Nails. He was wearing a Pretty Hate Machine shirt. Sure, NIN has some cool sounds, but honestly the last of their albums I bought was Broken in like '93 or '94. Then the guy tells me that my band reminds him of NIN. WHAT THE HELL? I mean, everyone interprets music differently, and that's totally cool, I took it as a compliment. However, I JUST DON'T HEAR IT. Anyone else out there see a relationship between DUDEFUCKINHELLYEAH! and NIN??
    [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Re: After we played last night...

Did you ask him for a sample of the Drugs he was on???

I would of, must've been good stuff

You guys sound as much like as NIN as you do Pretty Boy floyd [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

He's on The Perfect Drug I guess...

Comment

Generally if you're really familiar with a particular artist, you will hear it when other people play things that are even remotely similar to your favorites

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Generally if you're really familiar with a particular artist, you will hear it when other people play things that are even remotely similar to your favorites

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. I had a friend that insisted that my band sounded very similar to Avenged Sevenfold, which was his favorite band... Yet we sound absolutely NOTHING alike!

Comment

Yeah I get Santana and Vai references all damn day - drives me nuts [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

We get Black Label Society and Godsmack all the time. I think the vocals have something to do with it. It certainly doesn't bother me since I like them both.
              Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I'd not care... NIN is cool! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                I've got these moments when some music reminds me of something else, and I can't really tell what that is...
                as long as he likes NIN I'd take it as a compliment an leave it that way.

btw; dudefuckinhellyeah is one of the greatest bandnames I've read in ages... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                how did you get this one? it's awesome!
                tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

If the person making the comment doesn't listen to a wide variety of bands, they will identify your style with that of someone they're familiar with. As flattering as it was, I was very surprised when someone said my playing reminded them of Randy Rhoads, being that I play death metal and never pursued playing Randy's stuff beyond "Crazy Train".
                  sigpic

Comment

DUDEFUCKINHELLNIN!! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Jus kiddin' bro!....that's pretty funny!

Comment

During our gig last night the last 2 songs we played were Round and Round and Photograph. A guy came up to us and said the typical "you guys rock!!) and then asked if we knew any NRBQ. My bassist thought he invited us to a barbeque. I guess that proves that most of the people that come to a gig and make comments when the show is over are usually pretty wasted. At one total 80's metal shredfest gig last year we had a group of guys and girls screaming out requests for Neal Diamond. When we couldn't accomodate they had the DJ play Sweet Caroline and other Neal Diamond hits between our sets. Go figure.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Did you ask him for a sample of the Drugs he was on???

I would of, must've been good stuff

You guys sound as much like as NIN as you do Pretty Boy floyd [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

+1 That makes no sense you sound nothing like NIN
                        I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                        So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Working...
                        X