Stupid product warnings?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid product warnings?!?

I took a box of Ellio's Pizza out of my freezer before, cooked it and ate it. [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] Anyway, I noticed on the back of the box it said this: "Caution: Product Becomes Hot When Cooked." [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img] Duh, ya think? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    Anyone else see any dumb warnings on products for stupid people?
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Re: Stupid product warnings?!?

I've seen a sign that says "warning do not feed the ducks, they will attack" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I see stupid obvious warnings all the time and have come to one conclusion: There had to have been some jack-ass that actually had that happen to them on behalf of their stupidity.....and they probably had a lawyer make them independently wealthy because they are dumb.- Rev Lou Siffer
      " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

The directions on a shampoo bottle are pretty confusing..

Glad I don't need to read those directions anymore.. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

We have a pressure washer and the instructions advise "Do not use this on your dog" or some such [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. I'm pretty sure the heat gun has some dumb warning about hair-dryers, but I might well be making that one up!....
          Popular is not the same as good
          Rare is not the same as valuable
          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

cigerette warning labels are quite blatant...

Warning: the Surgeon general says that smoking can make crack babies"..

Mommy wanna SMOKE!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              We have a pressure washer and the instructions advise "Do not use this on your dog" or some such [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]
              Unless you want to shoot him across the yard. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                I see stupid obvious warnings all the time and have come to one conclusion: There had to have been some jack-ass that actually had that happen to them on behalf of their stupidity.....and they probably had a lawyer make them independently wealthy because they are dumb.- Rev Lou Siffer

[/ QUOTE ]
                So it seems. I've heard that's why McDonald's had to put "Warning, hot" signs on the coffee cups.

One of the dumbest I've seen was on a chainsaw. "Warning, do not stop chain with hand". No shit huh? No, I swear, the chain only cuts wood!

I heard that one guy put the cruise control on his camper thinking it was something like autopilot, and went back to make some coffee. Well, of course he crashed, sued, and supposedly those campers come with a warning saying that the cruise control is not the same as autopilot. Probably a bullshit story, but funny nonetheless.

Comment

this link come up today on Netscape.com.. http://channels.netscape.com/ns/atplay/default.jsp

Comment

Read the back of a fanbelt

"Make sure engine is stoped before replacing belt"

I can just see the guy standing there waiting for the right time to try to catch the belt while the engines going
                    I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Although not a warning label,my personal favorite is the illustrated instructions on the eve wash station....
                      Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

There is actually a book of stupid warning labels.

Comment

I knew someone who had one of those cheap Virtual Reality style helmet things to use to play computer games, and that said "Do not use while cycling". [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] Imagine the possibilities.

My uncle was a tour guide on the Inca trail a few years back, and he came across a set of kitchen knives that said "keep out of children". Obviously the poor translation of "Keep out of reach of children". [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I bought an iron and there was a warning on the box- do not iron your clothes when you're wearing them. True story.

Comment

Yup, the RV story was true - assclown set the cruise control and got up from the driver's seat to get some coffee. He caused a major accident and blamed it on the owner's manual not specifically stating he couldn't do that, and the idiot judge ruled in his favor [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

The guy and the judge should be shot in the head and hung in trees until they completely dissolve into dust.

I've got a set of Christmas lights that say "For Indoor/Outdoor Use Only"

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

A can of Planter's peanuts says "Caution: This can contains peanuts" - Gee, I hope so [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                              X