X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stage dive death

Stage leap tragedy of rock singer
    Robert Sutcliffe

THE lead singer of a rock band died on stage after an acrobatic leap went tragically wrong.

Patrick Sherry, 29, of Bad Beat Revue, was performing at the Warehouse Club in Leeds on Wednesday evening as part of the Club NME tour when he fell and sustained fatal head injuries.
    Horrified onlookers said the singer from Silsden, near Keighley, tried to grab the lighting rig hanging from one of the venue's wooden beams before losing his grip and plunging to the solid wooden floor head first.
    Paramedics were called to the club on Somers Street and the venue was emptied. Mr Sherry was taken to Leeds General Infirmary but died on Thursday morning.
    His wife of two years, Charlotte, is said to be ''devastated''.
    One eyewitness, who didn't want to be named, said: ''The band were on at just after 11pm and the lead singer was very energetic, running around on the stage and had already been into the crowd during the set.
    "Just before it happened he was looking in the air towards the roof. He put the microphone down and crouched down before leaping off the stage which was about a metre high and trying to grab the lighting rig.
    "I don't know whether he caught it or not but his momentum carried him forward and basically he went upside down and hit the floor head first. The whole thing lasted about five seconds, it was horrendous.''
    Bad Beat Revue formed three years ago and only stepped into Wednesday's opening slot a few hours before the gig after another band pulled out.
    The dead man's elder brother, Brendan Sherry, 33, who was on stage with him at the time of the accident, said he had died "doing what he did best.'' Other members of Mr Sherry's family, who live in Queensbury, Bradford, were yesterday too upset to discuss what had happened.
    An inquest is due to be opened this week.
    25 July 2005
    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Re: stage dive death

that is sad....what a way to go.
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      The dead man's elder brother, Brendan Sherry, 33, who was on stage with him at the time of the accident, said he had died "doing what he did best."

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm...... tragic.
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

God bless
        Oh stick this in your fuse box ..... Bon Scott

Comment

You can just see it happening. His forward momentum keeps his legs going, he doesn't get a good grip of whatever he was trying to grab on the ceiling...

sucks. RIP. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

tragic....but yet STUPID to me.

I don't get that whole stage divin' BS...it's just so fucking retarded to me ..so there ya go.. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

maybe this will curb ONE of the retarded things I hate at metal shows..

I'm waiting for a fat pimple face kid that drank half a beer to die in the pit...amazing there isn't anymore intoxicated "pit" deaths...not that I would mind.

sorry to sound .."insensitive"...but I am when it comes to "stupidity".

John told me a hilarious stage diving tragedy of Messiah of Candlemass...that fat bastid went to take a stage dive and people parted like the red sea....and he went plopped right on a unexpecting female not paying attention...that's hilarious...I wish I saw that..nobody got hurt...just embarrased [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Sorry , dying of acts of stupidity doesn't provoke too much "emotion" from me.....

I seen PLENTY enough TRUE tragedies in my life to too many REAL victims...like kids and stuff...so..Oh well.. [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

John told me a hilarious stage diving tragedy of Messiah of Candlemass...that fat bastid went to take a stage dive of and people parted like the red sea....and he went plop right on a unexpecting female not paying attention...that's hilarious...I wish I saw that..

[/ QUOTE ]

When Pigfuck ruled the Midwest (Bands like Cows, Hammerhead, Melvins, Guzzard) That shit happened all the time. Minneapolis was never a place to stage dive, you would lose teeth, and maybe catch a boot or two before you got up. I was amazed, it seemed like every new 21year old at his first hardcore, metal, or punk show, had to knock back a few primos and think he was actually cool enough for people to catch. Funny ass shit ever single time it happened.

Comment

too me it's the booze man...some dicks can't handle the booze...and they are dicks..

Man I can't take my woman or kid to a fucking show because of These stupid drunk dicktards...so fuck 'um...in the ass..

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

A lot of people can't handle the booze, it's tragic.
                  Here the Straigh Edge hardliner fucks are worse. A bunch of shaved head pricks wearing matching hooded sweatshirts and bandanas doing fucking Karate moves. I just won't go to shows at certain venues. These mob kids are just looking to cause trouble because I may have a drink or a cig in their "area".

Comment

I hate stagediving, it is dangerous for everyone.

In 1988 I swear I broke a guy's nose at the Living Color show in Tip's in New Orleans. It was packed so tight in there that the crowd was seriously in jeopardy of being trampled...I was literally scared for my life. Then, these morons start stage diving and landing on unsuspecting people's heads. This dude did it several times and landed on me, knocking me down once. Finally, I just punched the fucker square in the face when his head came around. He stopped.

Of course Corey Glover climbed up to the second floor balcony..so he was pretty much fueling the energy.

Mike
                    Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Sad story.... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Feel bad for his family and brother
                      Charvel: Model1, 2 & 5, Surfcaster 12
                      Jackson: DK2, JRS-2, Kelly

Comment

I call this .."Good" news to be completely fuckin' honest with you...Good!!

Take that you cocksucker...look at you now...you're dead...too fucking bad!

the only fortunate thing is that he didn't hurt a decent person do his stupidity..or worse.

did ...I say fuggum...???

just in case I didn't..Fuggum! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Besides these assclowns practicaly start potententaly dangerous mini fucking riots at these shows...and cause a major concern and assaches to the security , staff and patrons at these venues.. [img]/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

it get's outta hand sometimes...this may be a wake up call...but It won't be! [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

maybe a few more assclown stage divers with flattened heads will do... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Good for him. He went out doing what he loved to do.
                          You just can't go out any better than that.

Right On Dude, and RIP.

Comment

OK just think of it this way..

you're at that show...with your special someone...your better half who weighs about a buck o five and has a spinal injury already...or some other physical issue..maybe pregnant...or whatever..RIGHT???!!!

then this FUCK jumps and lands on top of her...or you for that matter fucking up your neck to the point where you can't feel your playing hand anymore or worse..or really puts a hurtin on your girl , or friend , or your 13 year old kid that you took to his first metal show.. [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

would you still feel sorry for that tool... [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

if you do...I think you are a tool..and you should stand in my way when that fag comes down...fucking YOU up! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

you can be my human sheild for dicks like that..cool! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

you can be my personal stage diving dick umbrella...sheltering me from this stupidity.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

and like Chuck just said...he went out what he liked to do...so everybody wins.. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X