stage dive death

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: stage dive death

The dead man's elder brother, Brendan Sherry, 33, who was on stage with him at the time of the accident, said he had died "doing what he did best.''

Well not to be a dick or anything but he died doing what he did least well, which apparently was jumping...
    Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

No she was CORRECT...!!!!! "He died doing what he did best"

Being a fucking TOOL! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I don't know about that man, I was just trying to bring a bit of levity to the situtation. I'm sure you would not feel the same way dude if it was YOUR lead singer.
        Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

A tard like that wouldn't be in my band..and if they were...then I would hurt him or can him...or both IMMEDIATELY!

you intended "levity" that's cool...well I'm bringing a blatant dose of reality , TRUTH and LOGIC to this matter !!

Is this stupid , retarded , drunken Monkey shit really neccessary at these fucking shows...I say NO!

so , it takes crap like this to prove my point unfortunately...yes?

Stupidity DERSERVES to be percieved as such..yes?

bad things happen to stupid people...I expect no less...therefore they get little sympathy ...if any at all.

people MUST be responsible and accountable for their actions.. AT ALL TIMES...otherwise ...FUGGUM! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I very rarely agree with anything that Bill says, but on this one I totally agree. I hate stupid drunk stage diving fucks that jump and kick me in the head while i'm trying to watch the show. That and the pricks that try to pull you into the pit...Those fucks always get kidney punches from me!

Comment

I didn't think this dude was diving, but was swinging out over the audience and back, but the 'back' part didn't go right, course I have been known to misread things.
              When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

well you should agree with everthing I say...

for one your name is IOMMIChild...I too am a child of the fingerless one..that invented my fvorite music in the world..

and secondly...no matter if you agree me or not doesn't change the fact that I'm always right.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

People ...whether "drunK" or not MUST be accountable for their actions , and when they don't and hurt themselves or others..like random innocent bystandards.

Then I have NO use for that kind of human pollution..and I wish they never existed...so their demise brings me great joy.

Like I always said and will say...

THREE things seperate humans from garbage...Accountabilty , Responsibility and Credibility...

without these elements ...you are part of the pollution and NOT part of the human race.

Comment

MY FIRST THOUGHTS

That sucks. Well, dying at a gig isn't a bad way to go. Too bad he didn't have to die though. I guess it's your time when it's your time.

As for my opinion on stage diving... hmmm... Not my cup of tea. To those who want to do it, great, but to those who are in the way and don't necessarily want to be, that sucks. Root of the problem established. What can we do about it? Nothing, no matter what side you pick. Assholes will continue to jump off of the stage. If you don't want slammed, stay a couple rows back.

I wouldn't support any type of action to either allow stage jumping or forbid it. In my opinion, if your in the front rows of a rough concert that should be something to expect, so if you don't want to get landed on then don't stand there. If everybody else is getting annoyed with it, part the crowd when he comes down or kick his ass.
                    --------------------------------------------------------
                    AND THEN I THOUGHT ABOUT IT

You know what? Scratch the above. People get hurt at the expense of some drunken asshole or moron trying to feel better about himself. And especially:

[ QUOTE ]
                    assaches to the security , staff and patrons at these venues..

[/ QUOTE ]

I would support a movement to ban stage jumping.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      I would support a movement to ban stage jumping.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll join ya in this movement. I've always thought stage diving was for retards. Hell, trying to even jump above the audience or stage to grab something to swing on is even dumber. Hate that a person died but.....this accident doesnt get any sympathy from me.

Comment

Thanks dude..

I mean how can you look at this any other way. With all this emphasis on Saftey , Security , civil rights and treatment and the courtesy of others mosty importantly thier personal safety.... Which I strongly encourage and had a career trying to ensure and enforce this crap to the letter of the law..

Why this is still an issue at shows is beyond me.. especialy with all the things that happen at these venues..Dime , Great white , and all the lawsiutes that are on these poor Security and staff trying to handle this intoxicated , beligerant bullshit without being sued and percieved of being "overzelous".

ever try doing that man...ever try kindly arresting or subdueing a violent intoxicated or mental person who fights to the death refusing to go to jail ... someone that is big , very strong , crazed , and wants to psycically harm you....and your on your own ...even just for a minute..

These are the kinds of people at these venues that need to be removed IMMEDIATELY ...with zero tolerance ...with real cops on hand to issue disorderly conduct citations by the books..

Last year ..I'm going to The Ozzfest...wearing my usual shit..I have a very light silver figaro link chain bracelet my son gave me years ago. It's exactly 8 1/2" long..I was stopped by a security dude not even close to the venue ..due to that it is a very far walk. He advised me that I can NOT wear that bracelet. I looked at it and said ..."you gotta be kiddin"...I just walked about a half a mile so I pulled my "Tin" ..and said "hey man , everything's cool" and smiled...NOPE! he insisted that I took it back to my car. So I shook me head "yes" and complied ...with a stupid smile .. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Here is the kick in the SACK...Once I got in there ..WTfuckingF [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]...Spray painted tits..everywhere (which is cool) , dudes all over the place with chain wallets with the chain MUCH larger than mine , and they look like typical pukes..and on top of it..I had to get INVOLVED with this drunk violent dude about 40 years old that was fucking with these nice kids with their gilrfreinds ..all about 16 to 17 years old. There were right in front of me on the lawn section. I was with my EX partner...fucking crazy ass TOOLIO..we looked at each other and tried not to get involved...but we could watch this pathetic shit and let it go..these kids were scared ...very scared.. First I went to security staff with the yellow shirt and advised him what was going on...just 5 yards away from us..I informed this has been escalating and ensuing for a better part of a half an hour. I think it needs immediate attention , and I told him who I was. I returned to my freind who was right behind these parties and told him I advised security. Minutes later two Yellow shirts came and advised this intoxicated dick to stop his shit...he NEVER complied ..he was beligereant , loud , violent and remained that way to the gurads. The guards walked away and never returned..I think they had another fight in progress to deal with in the pavillion section..So this dick comes back over to those kids ...finaly this 16 yeard old , "shaking" kid stands up and starts to try and defend himself verbaly...I couldn't take this shit NO more. I go to the kid ..I put my finger to my lips and winked..I turn to the dick , looked into his blood shot stupid dick face and ...said "fucker...you have a problem...but it's not with these fucking kids ...it's with ME!... So guess what...dumbfuck decides to start to mouth off..I bitchslap as hard as I could ONCE .. pushed him down to the ground like a rag doll and comfortly sat on his back...till the yellow shirts took him away...I looked at them and said I told ya so.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I'm fucked up man!!!...I had to leave my job because I'm fucked up from doing this excact fucking BS....I'm "officially" retired because of people and their fucking violent bullshit....I can't be doing this kind of shit no more....I can get fucked up much worse....I don't NEED that!

I go to these shows to have fun...hard enough I have to endure standing in agony with my back ..loaded w/ pain pills just to get thru a show...I must deal with this fucking garbage too..Fuck that!!

....we need more shit like this to happen I guess before I can finaly enjoy a fucking show in peace without aggravation of these retarded dickheads..then so be it

I'll stop going to these shows if I must endure this ridiculous bullshit. I don't want to stand 100 feet away from my favorite guirist..I want to see him play , see his gear ...enjoy this with my bro John and shit.

But no ...I have to give these retarded dickholes their space to act like monkeys..the band could be fartin' in the mic ..they wouldn't give a fuck...they don't even give a fuck who's playin or nuthin...just an excuse to act like a tool...fuggum..

I can't say FUGGUM enough!!!

I want to take my son to these shows..one of the only common bonds we have is METAL..he's becoming a kick ass drummer and loves Arch Enemy , Dimmu , Nevermore..knows all their names , the songs , how to play some of those songs , we jam them...yes he almost that good..I can't fuckin' take him to that fucking human zoo....man that pisses me off..!!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

I can't play sports with him , I can't go to amusement parks anymore because the rides could fuck me up more..we just have music together...and I can't take him to share that with him...I don't go to alot of shows because of that guilt..all because of these kind of stupid assholes!

I want to take my wife too...she weighs 87s lb and has a fucked up back herself with rods and screws in it...if someone even touched her...I'd stomped a mudhole in his melon until I see the pulp!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

AAAAAHHHHHHH FUGGUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

I wanted to vent...I had to ...that's what I was waiting for over here..

Now I'm done! [img]/images/graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

that feels better...thanks for listening to this bullshit.. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Comment

geez, hey horns......can i get the cliff notes to that post?

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I surprised more are not mentioning their own dealings with this kind of BS ..

I just want to go to a show man...without the BS..

I didn't pay forty or more fucking bucks for BS...

Comment

I was in the middle of the pit at the TIBET FREEDOM CONCERT (for chrissakes), and there were people fleeing in pure panic...like a movie theater on fire...because it got so intense. But of course it was super crowded so people who wanted to leave had a very difficult time leaving. I'm talking literally thousands of sweaty bodies, people pushing/shoving, just pure anarchy. You could see the look in many of the drunk fucks' faces....if you looked scared, they would go out of their way try and take you down. the only way out of there with dignity was to give a fukk you look to everyone that was lookin at you.

I was like, "Fuck Tibet...I'm outta here..." [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

I hear ya dude...it gets just like that in regular sized clubs too, especialy when they pack 20lbs of crap in a 5 lb bag...with three to four staff members to watch and monitor a crowd of 1000.. give or take.

I'm on the top floor Balcony getting a bird's eye view of unexpecting patrons getting trampled on in that kind of rush panic..you just described..or just geting caught in the mosh and fucked up!

Hey , it's a metal thing ...yeah , cool whatever...ok let some dicks have fun...so you give them an inch and they fuck you in the ass..

Have fun , be a fuckin' dick , blow off some steam , but don't cross that fuckin' line or just ...drop dead....please...with sugar on top.

Comment

Working...
                                X