Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: stage dive death

I agree everything that Bill said.
    Concerts are not the place to hurt people.
    I have done the stage-dive ONCE, it isn't nothing special. It sucks. It can seriously hurt anyone.
    I also hate those faggots who wear those friggin' spikes, damn, once one dipshit almost poked my eye out. I hate those fuggin' wannabe black metal dorks, I will beat the shit out of them.
    Another thing that bothers me are people who are on drugs or very drunk.
    When I was 14, I went to see Dio/Motorhead/Manowar concert. When Motorhead played then there were a lot of people in front of the stage and everyone just rumbeled, it was the crazyest thing ever and then there was one stoned guy who keept running me over. I had enogh of him and literally kicked his ass, then he stared me about 10 seconds and then leaved me alone.
    Some years later I went to Alice Cooper's show, me and my brother wanted to get in front but no, there were bunch of drunks all around, just fucking around, people couldn't move at all. Then I shoved one fucker down and it was like a domino, about 10 more of them went down. Everyone was happy then.
    But sometimes the security guards are assholes. A couple of years ago at Robert Plant's concert they just fucked with everyone. They even beated one lady. A lot of people got hurt thanks to them. One dude had a flag and security guard went hard one him, wanted to take his flag away, Robert Plant had enough of that crap and thorwed the guard with a mic and told him "Hey, what the fuck are you doinng?".
    But then again, sometimes guards are really nice, on the Deep Purple/Uriah Heep show and on the Whitesnake concert they cave people water to drink, took care of everyone etc. Iwas really impressed.
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

yeah man I agree the gaurds can be dicks at times...but look what they have to endure at everyone of those shows..

that shit can get old and you become less tolerant to bullcrap..then you just learn that there is certain people you just can NOT reason with..not at all.

I can somewhat elaborate about that lady...I had to roll around with this psycho bitch from hell that was goin' completely nuts..kickin , spittin, tryin' to bite me , scratchin' , gouging....I broke my glasses fuckin' with that asshole..she caught me in the groin a couple times too..kickin' at me..

I finaly had to put some kind of "pain" on her ass to stop her actions..just come along , pressure point stuff..grab a thumb ..throw it behind her back and twist...grab an ear with your other hand...and walk...nicely...otherwise that thumb and ear is mine..

this was way before pepper spray and tazers and shit...I wouldn't pepper spray or taser a broad or anyone if I didn't have to...but I could see at times how you would.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I couldn't agree more with what Bill says: Concerts / festivals are a place where you should feel safe, after all, we're on the same team - right? Instead, you end up dealing with attitude, and what's worse, pissed-up attitude.

I'm all for people having a good time, getting loaded or whatever, just keep it to yourself or among other folks who are happy to be involved.....

Also, having a wife / partner / kids makes you very aware that you're not just looking after yourself at these things...
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

That sucks for him and his family and it is indeed tragic. Stage diving is for girly men. If a musician ever jumped off the stage on top of me I would promptly beat the fuck out of him and toss him back up on stage.

Comment

Another instance of the Laws of Natural Selection coming into effect...

Stupid should hurt, a lot and it will sometimes get you killed. And although sad for his family, this guy sorta bought his ticket.

Comment

never got the mosh pit thing... paying too much money for tickets to see the band play, not paying to see morons diving into crowds and bumping and possibly hurting people. then turn around and try and get into a physical confrontation with you when they invaded your space by diving into you or running into you in the first place. [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img]

that being said... i wish the band and his family the very best. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
              Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
              Amp... Pioneer
              Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

Ow... that sucks. At least he died doing something he loved to do!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  I was in the middle of the pit at the TIBET FREEDOM CONCERT (for chrissakes), and there were people fleeing in pure panic...like a movie theater on fire...because it got so intense. But of course it was super crowded so people who wanted to leave had a very difficult time leaving. I'm talking literally thousands of sweaty bodies, people pushing/shoving, just pure anarchy. You could see the look in many of the drunk fucks' faces....if you looked scared, they would go out of their way try and take you down. the only way out of there with dignity was to give a fukk you look to everyone that was lookin at you.

I was like, "Fuck Tibet...I'm outta here..." [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, I forgot an interesting part of the story. Basically at this concert, you had Beck, Bjork, Fugees along with RHCP, Smashing Pumpkins, Rage against the Machine. So Bjork would play and all the girls would mosey up to the front and watch a tame and pleasant set. Then Rage would come on and the pit would explode and you had a hugely disproportionate amount of girls caught in the pit that didn't know what they got themselves into. So all these girls are like trying to stream out and these natural exit lines would form out of the crowd. And on either side you had these drunk idiots forming gauntlets that the girls had to endure. I'm sure you can imagine what happened. It was really sad to see.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

retards!!!

Jerry's Kids...fuck man..plain and simple!

John and I were at a King Diamond show. I forgot who opened but it was a thras band...so there was a bunch of drunk young assholes waiting to shit on everytone..the thrash band was over...but these kids just got warmed up..

SO as they are setting for KD I walk toward the front with John and other friend to watch the show. These kids are now next to me..they don't even know who in the hell King Diamond is..because they asked me...who is dat?

My answer is...well it's someone you can't act like an asshole to...it's not moshable...so if you feel the need to act like a fag...it is in your best interest to go as far from me as possible ...they liked that..they respect that...they complied...the show came on and immediately saw they couldn't "mosh" to KD and left..

I like King diamond shows..no moshing , no stage diving , no bullshit...just a good show and kick ass music..

for every stage diver that dies from now on...I'm gonna jerk off in their honor.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                    X