Bruce Dickinson - Discovery Civilization TV show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bruce Dickinson - Discovery Civilization TV show

Anyone catch this show today? And no, there were no JCF members on this Discovery show... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Today at noon, on the Discovery Civilization channel, I caught "Flying Heavy Metal", a 5-part show exploring a brief history of aviation with Maiden vocalist Bruce Bruce. And it's on again later today at 5pm EST!

Not sure if you non-Canadians receive this channel... here's a link:

http://discoverycivilization.ca/_ontv/feature5a.shtml

Enjoy,
    Number Of The Pleased [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Re: Bruce Dickinson - Discovery Civilization TV sh

I saw that on Euro Discovery too. He was also in some show featuring trains a while back. Apparently he's a train enthusiast(?). [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

I have seen this episode before. He's a pretty exp. commercial pilot. Bet you guys and gals didn't know that heavy metal exp. is required to get an airline job. Just think of the stories you get to tell in cockpit.

Comment

I saw the trains show and posted a thread about it months ago. Sadly, I cannot find the old thread. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I was just reading in the new metal edge magazine that he's a commericial airline pilot. Thats awesome if you ask me.

**starts singing aces high**

Comment

You said cock pit.

Comment

Huh huh huh Beavis... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Yeah, not sure how long he's been a pilot, but I assume it's been quite a while now. Here's some old news from www.ironmaiden.com:

http://www.ironmaiden.com/article.php?se...article_id=1097

http://www.ironmaiden.com/article.php?se...article_id=1106

Comment

Makes you wonder.... The guy EASILY has enough $$$ to retire and or do whatever he wants to. Yet, he still wants to work. Shit, Bruce has been around the world MANY times, and likely seen it all, why would he want to be working!!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Makes you wonder.... The guy EASILY has enough $$$ to retire and or do whatever he wants to. Yet, he still wants to work. Shit, Bruce has been around the world MANY times, and likely seen it all, why would he want to be working!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I've flown jumpseat enough to see that 99% of the time pilots don't break a sweat. Most of the time I've flown with them they engaged the autopilot 1000 off the ground and didn't turn it off again until short final. Hell, I rode with one guy who spent the flight balancing his checkbook while the FO had his arms crossed staring out the window.

Even the manufacturers know what the average flight is like:

http://images.airliners.net/open.file?id...166&tbl=COCKPIT

Those things on the lower panel to the left and right of the control columns are footrests. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

That being said, I have alot of respect for 99% of the pilots I have met.

Comment

Working...
                  X