so speaking of a front man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: so speaking of a front man

Blizzard was the first album I bought with my own money, and Ozzy is god. For some reason he did not pop into my head when I heard front man. Halford does rate with the best sexual orientation aside the man has total command of the stage. Axl is great, but even in his prime he would have been hell to work with. I like Coverdale, but to me he is blah in the front man area. With Kiss at least to me Gene is the man, sure Paul is full of prance and priss but Gene is the man.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Jim Gillette?

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, that was actually a joke. But since no one bothered to humor me, I'll be serious on this one.

Hagar is up there. Shit at 50+ he can still carry a show like a champ.

Ozzy. What else can you say. He's the prince of fucking darkness. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Alice Cooper. That guy was definitely a showman. I thought the Hey Stoopid era was great, songwise.

Comment

Well, if I wanted to be successful I would pick DLR. He is the greatest frontman of all time. A close second would be David Coverdale...far superior pipes, but a darker harder attitude. If I wanted the ultimate pipes, I would pick Sebastian Bach...who could slay anyone from the era of metal. However, I would never get laid with any of these guys fronting my band...so I would pick Ronnie James Dio. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Mike
        Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Well, if I wanted to be successful I would pick DLR. He is the greatest frontman of all time. A close second would be David Coverdale...far superior pipes, but a darker harder attitude. If I wanted the ultimate pipes, I would pick Sebastian Bach...who could slay anyone from the era of metal. However, I would never get laid with any of these guys fronting my band...so I would pick Ronnie James Dio. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

That just about covers it all.....no need for me to reply.

I agree: +1

[img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]
          Charvel: Model1, 2 & 5, Surfcaster 12
          Jackson: DK2, JRS-2, Kelly

Comment

tobias sammet or david readman or urban breed....it would depend on which set of somgs i was using, but all would probably be just fine.
            GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

King Diamond
              B=========D lol

Comment

Diamond-Halford or Dickinson
                "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Corey Glover
                  David Coverdale
                  Jorn Lande
                  Glenn Hughes
                  Dave Meniketti
                  Rob Halford
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

This is TOO EASY, Is there even an option to not choose DLR??? I have seen a lot of famous frontmans (Plant, Dio, Coverdale, Hetfield, Lemmy, Ian Gillan) some of them have 10 times better voice than Dave but they are just plain booring compared to DLR on the stage.
                    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

David Draiman

Surprised??? I figured you would be.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        [ QUOTE ]

Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

That just about covers it all.....no need for me to reply.

I agree: +1

[img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I picked my frontman for a completely different reason but I agree with your choices and your reasons 100%.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Sebastian Bach

[/ QUOTE ]

OH YES!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Well, if I wanted to be successful I would pick DLR. He is the greatest frontman of all time. A close second would be David Coverdale...far superior pipes, but a darker harder attitude. If I wanted the ultimate pipes, I would pick Sebastian Bach...who could slay anyone from the era of metal. However, I would never get laid with any of these guys fronting my band...so I would pick Ronnie James Dio. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]Mike

[/ QUOTE ]Hey, don't underestimate the power of the dwarf fetish! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] But seriously, people... as Danny Bonaduce would say from his Partridge Family days, "Ain't NOTHING wrong with leftovers!". [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] No matter how well the frontman does, the lead guitarist is gonna get some good play too! Therefore I would fear not the competition and go with Roth, the legend, the man, the hunting dawg of BIG RAWK!
                            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Dickinson!!! Then I'd say Ozzy, Hetfield, or Dio... But Bruce is the MAN!!!

Comment

I'd agree with Bill - Halford would be my first choice as well. Hands down. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X