Alert: Fraud Paypal Email

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alert: Fraud Paypal Email

I have no idea how many people have been suckered in to clicking on this… but I wanted to make everyone aware of it. This is the 3rd time I have gotten this same email from this bogus jerk(s)

Subject title: Notification of Limited Account Access

His actual Return-Path is: [email protected]

His Email looks very authentic. I almost clicked it. I contacted PayPal a while ago…. I would suppose there is nothing much they can do under the circumstances.

There are jerks like this everywhere I suppose.

Be careful folks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Re: Alert: Fraud Paypal Email

always look at the return path of the headers.
    I've had a rash of more than a few as well over the last couple months and they are very real looking. I trry to follos a rule by not clicking on anything linking to Paypal in my email even if I think its probably from Paypal or even Ebay. Just a rule of thumb.

Comment

Definitely always go directly to the site (type in the URL or click your Favorites link) - they have messaging systems for your account to alert you of these things when they are real, and they never include a "Click here to go straight to the login page" like the scammers do.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I had one yesterday.."we have tryed contacting you telephoncially" ...that was exactly how it was spelled and phrased. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

funny, it went to an email that isn't even connected to paypal.

Comment

Working...
        X