One down, one to go... (NHL)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One down, one to go... (NHL)

Goodenow...now that all the players hate the hell out of the guy for letting the owners ninjafuck him up the ass all day long, how long will he hang around? A 25% pay cut for the players, and thats just for starters.Wow, they must be thrilled with his efforts ha ha. Expect to see him in nets with no gear on at the first shootout of the year [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

New rules I'll wait and see if they are effective or not.

The only big drag is Sidney Crosby going to Pittsburgh, that just sucked for hockey. A bright young star playing for one of the dullest franchises around. He should have gone to the Blackhawks or something, help revitalize a real hockey town with a long tradition. Pittsburg?? Hey they thought it would be a great idea to call their team the "Penguins". Enough said.

But really, what we all wanna know is will Don Cherry be back? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Come down and get it bitches........

Shawn

[/ QUOTE ]

That was so long ago it doesn't count..... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      shawnlutz.com

Comment

I really want to love hockey like I used to. Since it became basketball/baseball on ice..I really have lost faith in the last real sport. There is so much about "old school" hockey that I miss, I could write a frikkin book..... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
        The Buzzard does not fear
        The man in riot gear
        Harvest a skull of stone
        The Buzzard grows his own...

Comment

"The cup floats pretty good till you get 2 or 3 people on it"~Vinnie Paul

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Goodenow...now that all the players hate the hell out of the guy for letting the owners ninjafuck him up the ass all day long, how long will he hang around? A 25% pay cut for the players, and thats just for starters.Wow, they must be thrilled with his efforts ha ha. Expect to see him in nets with no gear on at the first shootout of the year [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

New rules I'll wait and see if they are effective or not.

The only big drag is Sidney Crosby going to Pittsburgh, that just sucked for hockey. A bright young star playing for one of the dullest franchises around. He should have gone to the Blackhawks or something, help revitalize a real hockey town with a long tradition. Pittsburg?? Hey they thought it would be a great idea to call their team the "Penguins". Enough said.

But really, what we all wanna know is will Don Cherry be back? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree and disagree with you on a couple items here...

1) Yes, Crosby would have been a blessing in Chicago.
            2) I don't see how Goodenow had any other choice. Revenues and viewership were down. Players salaries were up. It's only a matter of time before they would have had to fold up the league. Then where would most of these guys be employed? The AHL? OK, where would all of those players be employed? The ECHL, the OHL?? See, shit rolls downhill. I think the deal was the best thing for hockey right now.

Rule changes? Well, I'm going to suspend judgement on that until I see a game.
            Occupy JCF

Comment

Working...
            X