Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is there to do in Belgium? Tourist questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is there to do in Belgium? Tourist questions.

I'm a fickle fellow. My family is thinking of adding a France and Belgium leg to our England vacation next May. I'm currently reading this website:

http://www.visitbelgium.com/

Under "Dress Codes & Drinking Age", it says, It is best to contact the establishment you want to visit for specific dress codes. As a general rule, sneakers are not permitted and in some place jeans are not permitted either. For best results dress Smart Casual.
    The drinking age in Belgium is 18.

WTF?!?!?!?! Athletic shoes and jeans are all I friggin' have. I HATE dressing up. Okay, I can probably get away with my summer cargo shorts which I love, but how hot does it really get in Belgium? I mean, we're gonna be in England and perhaps Scotland for two weeks... I KNOW the weather in England (my homeland) and probably won't be packing my cargo shorts. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

No mention of strip clubs, or metal shows, or anything else a 21-year-old dude like me would love when he turns 22 next year. Gambling is okay.

Okay, I like shopping... I'm a friggin' girl. Correction... I like BROWSING and WINDOW SHOPPING but I'm quite conservative with my money, a financially-conservative girl who looks like a 21-year-old dude who wants to see strip clubs and metal shows. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Music stores? Musical instrument shops? No mention of those either. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Sure, castles, buildings, historical places, and sightseeing tours are okay, but only for so long. There's plenty of mention of nightclubs and alcohol, but neither of those things appeal to me. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

We're going to be in England for family. Things are generally expensive there, so I'll hold out. Scotland is still on the "maybe" list, and I'm sure there's plenty of cool things to do there too. Paris is friggin' Paris. But Belgium I'm unsure about.

What I do know is that I will be buying a whole suitecasefull of Belgian chocolates. [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] But what else is there? And what will it cost me? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Re: What is there to do in Belgium? Tourist questions.

[ QUOTE ]
    I'm a fickle fellow. My family is thinking of adding a France and Belgium leg to our England vacation next May. I'm currently reading this website:

http://www.visitbelgium.com/

Under "Dress Codes & Drinking Age", it says, It is best to contact the establishment you want to visit for specific dress codes. As a general rule, sneakers are not permitted and in some place jeans are not permitted either. For best results dress Smart Casual.
    The drinking age in Belgium is 18.

WTF?!?!?!?! Athletic shoes and jeans are all I friggin' have. I HATE dressing up. Okay, I can probably get away with my summer cargo shorts which I love, but how hot does it really get in Belgium? I mean, we're gonna be in England and perhaps Scotland for two weeks... I KNOW the weather in England (my homeland) and probably won't be packing my cargo shorts. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

No mention of strip clubs, or metal shows, or anything else a 21-year-old dude like me would love when he turns 22 next year. Gambling is okay.

Okay, I like shopping... I'm a friggin' girl. Correction... I like BROWSING and WINDOW SHOPPING but I'm quite conservative with my money, a financially-conservative girl who looks like a 21-year-old dude who wants to see strip clubs and metal shows. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Music stores? Musical instrument shops? No mention of those either. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Sure, castles, buildings, historical places, and sightseeing tours are okay, but only for so long. There's plenty of mention of nightclubs and alcohol, but neither of those things appeal to me. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

We're going to be in England for family. Things are generally expensive there, so I'll hold out. Scotland is still on the "maybe" list, and I'm sure there's plenty of cool things to do there too. Paris is friggin' Paris. But Belgium I'm unsure about.

What I do know is that I will be buying a whole suitecasefull of Belgian chocolates. [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] But what else is there? And what will it cost me? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you better talk to Annah [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
    So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Re: What is there to do in Belgium? Tourist questi

DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FUCK YES!

That drinking age thing is bullshit. You can drink whatever, whenever. The dressing code is bullshit too. Only some clubs will bounce you if you were hobo clothes.

For metal I suggest the frontline (ghent), biebob, hof ter lo (antwerp), sometimes muziekodroom (hasselt: my town).

Belgium is normally priced. Cheaper in some regards, more expensive in others.

Get BEER! I would go to Antwerp or Hasselt. If you're in Hasselt you can go visit Maastricht, a nice city in holland. And of course we could meet up and have a drink! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Biggest musicstore is 'Piens Music' in a town called 'Deinze'. Don't waste your time, it's big, but prices are fucked here. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

And one thing you must ABSO_FUCKING_LUTELY do is visit a 'Frituur', just remember that word, write it down and if you get to Belgium find one.
      You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Do guys even LIKE shopping? I only threw in the girl bit because none of my guy friends like shopping or killing time at a mall. Shopping with my female friends is cool though. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

"Hobo clothes"... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] No beer! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Although my dad will probably want to sample every beverage he can get a hold of. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I read "Piens Music" as "Penis Music" at first. Whoops. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Not looking to buy guitar gear or anything, I just like to see what kinds of cool guitars and amps you Europeans have over there. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

The metal things you listed... are they festivals, or clubs/venues? Dunno how selfish my brother and I can be in terms of doing things we want to do like going to concerts on our PARENTS' vacation time, because after all, we're going to England for the family and not for my brother and I to have a "guys'/bachelors' vacation" hittin' it up across western Europe. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Belgium seems close enough to Germany that I think I may split off with my brother for a day to visit our friends from the band Suidakra in Dusseldorf, maybe catch a gig they're playing or something too. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

What the heck is a Frituur? Google Image Search is giving me all sorts of random images. Some of them are pictures of deep fryers ad french fries, and looking at the word "frituur" itself, maybe it's a french fry concession stand? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

My favorite thing about Brussels was the train station because that's how I got out of there. You should go to Holland. Amsterdam, Rotterdam, etc. are way more fun.
          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Come visit me in Amsterdam, and say hi to Paris from me, I miss my town [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
            Edinburgh is an AMAZING looking place. I spent a year there and I have 3 left, I can say, it's well worth seeing.
            I've never been to Belgium aside from crossing from Holland to France. It's flat.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              My favorite thing about Brussels was the train station because that's how I got out of there.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Eat yer fries with mayo [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Yep Mayonaise is THE thing to put on fries.

And Brussels is 3% Belgian, 97% whatever. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

If you're anywhere near me when you're in the UK, you can come and try the Adrian Smith GMW.....
                    Popular is not the same as good
                    Rare is not the same as valuable
                    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

the mayo from Belgium McDonalds is digusting haha

Visit Antwerp, it's pretty cool, my aunt has a flower shop there haha. I never really liked Brussels

and yeah, the Netherlands are more fun (amsterdam etc) [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                      "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

I talked to my parents and they agreed to let me start planning a European trek for all of us. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I'll have to start researching what sort of package deals there are to visit multiple places in the span of a few days or a week, with transportation and accommodation included.

Mayo on fries? [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img] You guys ever hear of a tomato product called ketchup/catsup? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Or SALT? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Salt and mayo. Fuck ketchup. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Actually, I shouldn't be defending ketchup. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I'm NOTORIOUS for enjoying everything PLAIN. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Hot dogs, hamburgers, onion rings, tortilla chips without salsa dip... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Only lately I've started liking a little bit of caesar salad dressing on my rabbit food. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I like my fries with salt.. and sometimes with garlic sauce.. fries with ketchup is wrong.. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Belgium girls are great.. well.. the ones from Flanders.. their accent makes me drool.. seriously haha
                              "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Working...
                              X