CAT SCRATCH FEVER! Need help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAT SCRATCH FEVER! Need help!

I just bought a new vehicle a few months back and when I was looking at the hood this afternoon I noticed a bunch of small clearcoat scratches that my neighbors cat had put on it since I've actually seen this particular feline on the hood several times. My temperature has definitely reached its boiling point! Is there anything I can buy that will get rid of these scratches or do I need to get it re-coated by the dealer? I do appreciate any and all suggestions. Thank you.
    "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Re: CAT SCRATCH FEVER! Need help!

You're saying that a cat, came by, and scratched the hood of your car?

Comment

solution = 12 ga.
      >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        solution = 12 ga.

[/ QUOTE ]In due time. YES.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          You're saying that a cat, came by, and scratched the hood of your car?

[/ QUOTE ]Came by? The little shitbag did a tapdance on the hood ala Gregory Hines that could've made Sammy Davis prouder than a motherfucker!

Comment

Hear of something new everyday, you sure do :P

I've never heard of a cat, coming by and scratching a car hood. My cats, have NEVER scratched anything shiny/smooth, dull/smooth, or anything smooth. Just shit like carpet...and attempts at my Marshall cabs!!!

That sure is strange though. Some minor buffing compound (shit you can rub around with your hand) can remove the surface swirls. Just don't use too much, or rub too hard, as you'll take too much clear off.

Comment

Swirl/Scratch remover. And yes, cats have sharp claws that can scratch automotive finishes.
              Killing a cat over something as trivial as a car's paint job is definitely not the way to go. Maybe try parking it in the garage? Buy a car cover?
              The thing is, you never know whose cat you're killing. In this day and age, there's a high probability you'd end up as another "Statistic" on a report on Carbon Monoxide Poisoning when the cat's owner ran their car's exhaust into your home's ventilation system while you were sleeping.
              At least that's how I'd do it.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

It can be buffed out w/o being recleared. I know how you feel though, seems like you can ever keep a car looking brand new for too long. Got my wife a new EB Expo last year within a week a storm cam through before we could get it in the garage and it blew the basketball net on top of it..nice little ding and some scratches. A couple weeks later we were on vacation with the dog, stopped to eat...put the dog on a 25ft leash, connected to the car on the grass in the shade while we went to eat. I guess something scared her (110 LB Black Lab) because when we came out about 45 minutes later she scratched and clawed on all 4 doors wanting to get back in [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] It looked a lot worse than it is because they came out easily.

I'd say take a few of your monkier and chill-out because if it wasn't the cat it will be something else [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I would talk to the neighbor about the damn cat and would not do harm to the cat but the owner of the said cat. I remeber one time my brother had his neighbor's cat get inside the sunroof of his car, parked inside his garage and the cat pissed inside [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] needless to say he wasn't friedly with the neighbor who owned the cat after that.
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

I know cats have sharp claws, I've just never heard of them clawing the hood of a car.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    I know cats have sharp claws, I've just never heard of them clawing the hood of a car.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. I've got them (scratches) all over my car as well. Between our own and the neighborhood cats and the scratches are congregated at the hood and the trunk. When they try to jump up, they extend their claws out of instinct and they will dig in to clearcoat.

I use a product called safecut and then follow that up with any type of polish and it will be as good as new. I've had this get rid of some pretty deep scratches. Deeper than what a cat could ever leave.

Good luck. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I've got to agree with the folks above who think shooting the cat is totally unnecessary. After all, they like anti-freeze just fine. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

12 ga?!!?!?!? Why dont you just call the cops in advance to same them some time. Use a .22. Nice quite and everyone is happy - cats to "run" off every now and again [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                        "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Thank you very much for all your help bros! Much appreciated! I'll give all your suggestions a try and hold off on murdering the little shit! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] It's just a tough pill to swallow when you spend over 50K for a vehicle that you just bought 4 months ago and something stupid like this happens. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

Try moving the car. If that doesn't work, tell the owner, maybe he can do something like get the cat declawed or whatever. If that doesn't work, place a tunafish/antifreeze cocktail somewhere around the car. I don't like poisoning animals, but you gotta do what you gotta do. Any sort of gun will do more to your car than that cat will. ;D Trust me, you will not get a clear shot, that's just the way the world works. Not to mention firearms in city limits...

I remember I had to get rid of a couple of our cats. kept getting into the garbage and stringing it around. Not even the hand of God could keep these sons of bitches out of the garbage. So I went and got the 22. The only clear shot I could get was when they were directly in front of the natural gas tank! I was able to get a couple later on, but not all. We still had problems with the garbage for a long time. Then I moved, so I frankly don't give a rat's ass anymore. Somebody else can dick with them.

Good luck! Don't kill'em till you have to. Could be some little kid's cat.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              I've got to agree with the folks above who think shooting the cat is totally unnecessary. After all, they like anti-freeze just fine. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Who said "shoot the cat"? The comment was "solution = 12 ga. [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

My wife & I owned a cat for 18 years. It tore the family up when we had to have it put to sleep last year. Point is... In 18 years of cat ownership I learned something: Cats HATE being startled. Whenever our cat did something we couldnt stand (crapping in the flower bed), I would wait til the opportune moment to scare the crap out of it....literally. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] So for the sake of those who may (or may not) jump to conclutions, lets say SOLUTION = M-80.

Besides...If I was pushed to the point where I felt I had no other options but to kill an animal, I would use a compound bow.
                              >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

Working...
                              X