CAT SCRATCH FEVER! Need help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CAT SCRATCH FEVER! Need help!

Spray "Pet-Off" on the hood, but try it on a very small area first so it won't make it worse.

Comment

Get a picture
      Trap the cat
      Call Animal control or drop it off at the pound.

Here it costs $75 bucks to get your pet back from doggie/cat jail. If the animal doesn't have a collar/tag it may cost even more.

Comment

Many more excellent suggestions for dealing with unwanted cats (that's redundant isn't it?) can be found here.
        Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

I have a few questions.
          1. What kind of car is this $50,000.00 vehicle. I know that the new cars are expensive but 50 sheets is alot of money even in todays standards.
          2. Did you talk to the owners of the cat. It should be pretty easy to find out who owns it. Go door to door if you have too. Tell the owners that they will be receiving an estimate for the damage to your car. They won't pay it most likely but it will get the point across without having to take the pussy for a ride.
          My cars have been scratched plenty by the neighbors cats. I put a cover on my car and the damn cat used it as a scratching post and then started pissing on it. Then the cat suddenly stopped. What I saw the following day was a little disturbing. Little kitty as flat as a pancake in the middle of the road. Seems old kitty ventured out from our quiet street to a busy one and she got up close and personal with a moving vehicle. Paybacks a bitch.. even for an animal with 9 lives. My theory is that she got hit by an 18 wheeler. If the first 9 wheels had only hit her she probably would have lived. It was that 10th wheel that did her in. BTW... I have 2 cats, and 2 dogs, and 2 fishtanks, and a Leopard Gecko and 2 Guinea Pigs. Its like a zoo around here.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Spray "Pet-Off" on the hood, but try it on a very small area first so it won't make it worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's that? I'm assuming it's something with a scent that cats don't like? Sounds like an interesting option that might work. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Geez, 50G and you can't park it in the garage at night?
              How about a nice heavy duty car cover? I've shopped them out before and they make ones that still breathe quite well but are fairly thick and tough as canvas. I wish I could recall what the material was or who manufactured them.
              I think the dealer or high end car dealerships like BMW may be able to stear you in a direction that would be workable as they should have something that is finish friendly for their cars. Otherwise, get a some heavy duty pet repellant and spray it around the area which you park your vehicle. If it offends them, they won't go near it but you'll likely not smell anything. Everyones happy...pet owner included.

I love cats but the owner who lets it roam about is the problem IMO. I have my own little senarios around here with the neighbor cat killing baby rabbits, birds, you name it.

Comment

OK, first off my car is a 2005 Lexus LX470 which I just purchased a few months back brand new. Secondly, I already have two other vehicles parked in my two-car garage. And last but certainly not the least I do am grateful and honored by all your suggestions on how to deal with this issue. I'll try and see if I can buff it out.
                "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  :scratch: Who said "shoot the cat"? The comment was "solution = 12 ga. [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought you meant shoot the cat too. I'm with Brad though, antifreeze is the way to go.
                  I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Lou, if someone killed my cat, I'd show them how I can keep 8 shots in their chest.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you value the life of a cat more than a person. [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

- Newc

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Many more excellent suggestions for dealing with unwanted cats (that's redundant isn't it?) can be found here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Those are awesome!

- Newc

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Those are awesome!

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought so. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          [ QUOTE ]
                          Lou, if someone killed my cat, I'd show them how I can keep 8 shots in their chest.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you value the life of a cat more than a person. [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you ever harmed a hair on one of my pets, I'd probably pound you into pudding.

If you read all of the posts, you would get this information,

He knows the cats owner.
                          I'm not saying something shouldn't be done...I'm saying killing the animal is the WRONG thing to do.

No, they don't have a swat team for animals, in my town, there is a retired cop, who does animal patrol. I also know, that PA has some other animal troubles too (about 1 hour south of me, has the HIGHEST rabies cases in the state from owners who leave their dogs out, without innoculations).

They do, in most metropolitan areas (EG< any area too big to have the local po-po do anything about it) ASPCA. Ever watch animal planet? People go around, fine, arrest, and take away the animals of people who do not take care of them.

In some people's eyes, the life of a pet, may be more important than a child. It's an analogy, used to make you understand. Do I say kill children? Hell no, but I don't think shooting a fucking cat, because no one tried to do anything about it jumping on the hood.

I offered, non-violent suggestions.

Hell, if you a want a violent one, shoot the fucking neighbor. The world needs less people, and more pets.

Yes, I know, unwanted animals are killed in shelters, and it's awful. Do you have a better system? How about another comparison, we pay millions to feed other countries starving, instead of our own. Do you know what happens to someone, who dies from malnutrition?

Yeah, my examples are not the best, but my point is still made. Killing the animal is NOT the sollution. Any sick mother fucker who gets a kick out of shooting a pet, is in my book relagated to someone ala....Jeffery Dalmer, or any other serial killer for that matter.

Comment

Maybe I should include this. I'm not saying the pet owner is not to blame. I'm only saying the cat is NOT to blame. This is definately a pet ownership responsibility problem. The cats, I so vehemently defend, are NEVER allowed out of my house, and I take VERY good care of them.

So please, don't think I'm anti making sure people take care of their animals. I'm just against hurting the animal for something it knows no better about.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              In some people's eyes, the life of a pet, may be more important than a child. It's an analogy, used to make you understand.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is a sad, sad statement.

[ QUOTE ]
                              Yes, I know, unwanted animals are killed in shelters, and it's awful. Do you have a better system? How about another comparison, we pay millions to feed other countries starving, instead of our own. Do you know what happens to someone, who dies from malnutrition?

[/ QUOTE ]

Apples and oranges. If it were up to me, we'd quit sending money to other countries and focus on our own. I find it very disturbing that we have the problems we do with children starving, yet we send enormous amounts of money to other places to feed theirs. Do they need help, sure, and we should help them...after we help ourselves. I find it sad that people are more concerned with homeless pets than homeless children. We have a better structure for dealing with the rights of animals than we do the rights of children. I could go on, but you get the idea.

[ QUOTE ]
                              Maybe I should include this. I'm not saying the pet owner is not to blame. I'm only saying the cat is NOT to blame. This is definately a pet ownership responsibility problem. The cats, I so vehemently defend, are NEVER allowed out of my house, and I take VERY good care of them.

So please, don't think I'm anti making sure people take care of their animals. I'm just against hurting the animal for something it knows no better about.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a statement I do agree with and I'm glad to see that you back yours up by at least being a responsible pet owner [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Deneb, I'm with you on this one. Great posts. I have 3 cats, and they are kept inside, they are tagged and fixed. I am a responsible pet owner. IF my cats were to get outside and damage something..it is NOT thier fault. They have no sense of value. They can't tell a 50k car from a 100 buck scratching post. The never intentionally get on a car and say "oohhh...let's see what I can do to this". Not saying they don't scratch cars, I'm just saying it's unintenional. And yes, I know several people whose lives are not worth that of my cats...(Charles Manson, Jeffery Dahmer, child rapists, gang bangers to chicken to kill someone up close (aka drive by). And if anyone killed my cats, I would do my best to kick the shit out of them. I have had one cat for 17 years...she is truely my best buddy. But it does all come back to responsible pet owners.

Comment

Working...
                                X