My City Sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My City Sucks

I live in Sacramento, the capital of California. So you'd think there would be some great music stores here. Wrong. There are three guitar stores in town. The first one is Guitar Center. That speaks for itself. The second one, Skips Music, sells everything GC sells only for more money. To buy something you have to drop your pants, bend over, and walk into the store backwards screaming "I'm here for my butt raping please!" The third store isn't much better, Fender, Gibson and a whole line of crappy $150 guitar brands. They may have one American Fender or Gibson, with the rest Squire and Epiphone.

This is so disappointing. San Francisco is 2 hours away, but traffic can make is a 3-4 hour commute. What a shitty town for guitar buying.

Rant complete.

-Mark

Re: My City Sucks

Come to Cleveland...just for a day...you'll be wishing for your city back...

I would assume.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Take that third store, multiply by 400 and you've got Belgium in a nutshell.
      You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

I would HAPPILY trade my goat town for Sacramento!!!! (I've lived in Sacramento, yes) [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
        I get to drive 4 hours to the nearest Jackson retailer. A Guitar Center.
        And I have my choice of either mail order or Wal-mart to buy strings. Thank holy hell for internet! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I used to hate where I lived to. Then I realized that absolutely nobody appreciates where they live.

My town rocks. The nearest Jacskon dealer is a couple hours away, but I'll be okay without'em every day of my life. In fact, it's been nearly a year since I've layed hands on a Jackson. The town I live in is cool because it changes from urban to rural in 20 minutes. It's big enough for conveniences, yet campgrounds and whatever else aren't very far away.

Learn to appreciate what you've got. Somebody else wants it.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Thank holy hell for internet! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="yellow">Wouldn't that technically be an oxymoron [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] </font>

Comment

Come to Freiburg... I guarantee you´ll be bored into a coma within about a week and be yearning for a return flight home [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                ... To buy something you have to drop your pants, bend over, and walk into the store backwards screaming "I'm here for my butt raping please!" -Mark

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] Thanx for the gut-bustin laugh. I needed it. My kids have driven me nuts - it's been raining all day.
                My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

I feel your pain...ass rape seems to be the norm in this world lately..it really does...everywhere ya go...there is someone with his dick ready to drill you..

but one must learn to be that raper and not the rapee..

it's an art ...I think I perfected...only drawback is that you get very angry...raging angry...all the time...and that's not cool either..

that's what weed and Xanax is for...so that's what I do...before someone get's hurt ...including myself..

be cool , stay cool ..at all possible.. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

What is really bad is when you live in a large metropolitan area and you have 3 Guitar Centers and they all suck!

I went in 2 of them yesterday and I think my IQ dropped about 30 points, which is unfortunate because I think I only had about 25 IQ points or so to spare.

That's it, I'm never going there even for strings anymore. AAAHHHH!!!! It's not even worth telling the story. It just isn't worth bothering with. It's over, I'm never bringing it up again. Not sure why even I typed this other than I just had to say something to "someone". I'm out.

I now return you to your regurlarly scheduled program. [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

I went in 2 of them yesterday and I think my IQ dropped about 30 points, which is unfortunate because I think I only had about 25 IQ points or so to spare.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that's funny. Walk out of the store a mouth-breather.

-Mark

Comment

Hmmm, I guess I'm lucky. Des Moines, Iowa is not exactly what most people think of as a great guitar city. But we have a couple Jackson/Charvel dealers here and one of them is really good on prices and service. So I return the favor by doing a lot of business with them. But I still buy most of my gear on the net because no sales tax.

And yes we have a GC here too, it just went in a few months ago. I know it's fashionable to hate GC, but I was excited to get one here anyway. Unfortunately I didn't feel comfortable at all while I was there looking around. Kind of a weird vibe in that place...

Comment

I like Oklahoma City. The GC here sucks..but the music scene is really great. Lots of live music, alot of metal. Always something to do.

Comment

Washington DC is ok for stores because we have Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center, as well as Atomic Music and Action Music, which sell used stuff. There are three GCs in the area, and they pretty much drove all the other cool stores out of business or bought them out. Most of the other music stores in the area are more geared to selling your kid a clarinet or trumpet than to carrying stuff like Jackson.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Hmmm, I guess I'm lucky. Des Moines, Iowa is not exactly what most people think of as a great guitar city. But we have a couple Jackson/Charvel dealers here and one of them is really good on prices and service. So I return the favor by doing a lot of business with them. But I still buy most of my gear on the net because no sales tax.

And yes we have a GC here too, it just went in a few months ago. I know it's fashionable to hate GC, but I was excited to get one here anyway. Unfortunately I didn't feel comfortable at all while I was there looking around. Kind of a weird vibe in that place...

[/ QUOTE ]

Plus Omaha is about 1 1/2 hours away, and that place has better stores than Sacramento. I used to live there. Lidgett Music in Council Bluffs is a great store.

-Mark

Comment

Working...
                              X