Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RULES FOR COMBAT

Great lines. Enjoyed them.

I'm gonna go ahead and do my part and 'Drink Coffee and eat donuts'.... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Only hits count. Close doesn't count. The only thing worse than a miss is a slow miss

[/ QUOTE ]

Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        I loved the other armed forces when I was in. Before Desert Storm I needed someone to fight with. Otherwise I was fighting with other Marines and that just got nasty when we didn't have any where else to discharge our anger.

Semper Fi

[/ QUOTE ]

My service fell between wars, and as an 0351 as well by the way!!

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Omihell... that chairforce one is SO true!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            "We're all a team. We're just the better part of the team." Gunny Butts; my recruiter. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] His name was Gunny Butts and you still believed what he said? [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] j/k. There was a guy stationed here a while back and his rank/name was Sergeant Sergeant. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

He was a cool dude actually. AMTRAK driver, I could see myself pounding beers with him. Would kind of remind you of Paul Teutle Sr. I walked in the office and told him I wanted in. he said "You sure? This is the hard way. The easy way is across the way" Marines/Navy one side of the plaza Air Force/Army the other side [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I remember that shit like it was yesterday. I should go back in, LOL

When I was in tech school we had a Private Sergeant and a Sergeant Major. The SNCOIC was Gunny Ashpole of all fucking names!! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
              1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                When I was in tech school we had a Private Sergeant and a Sergeant Major. The SNCOIC was Gunny Ashpole of all fucking names!! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

ROTFLMFAO! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] "Gunny Ashpole"... how in the hell could you say THAT name and maintain your military bearing? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

<font color="yellow">We had a Major with the last name of Dick, first name Richard [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

He was the antichrist I tell ya. </font>

Comment

A new commander in a fellow squadron of Keith's: Dick Moorehead. I am NOT making that up either!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ROTFLMFAO! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] "Gunny Ashpole"... how in the hell could you say THAT name and maintain your military bearing? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the first thing he addressed when he briefed us. He was a hot headed SOB and you didn't fuck with him.
                      My name was Alphabet more often than not in Boot camp. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

My brother was in the Navy, and they would not call him by his last name - Newcomb - which sounds like "Nuke 'Em" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Needless to say he never got assigned to anything having to do with missiles [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

"Newcomb!"
                        "Aye, Sir!"
                        And then we play WW3 [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          ... He was a hot headed SOB...

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Hmmmmmmmm.... can't imagine why. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Question for you guys still in. True/False I was told at the VA that they're allowing prior service people under 35 back in.

Comment

<font color="yellow">I dunno...I've had a bunch of people call me up for info (like I'm a recruiter [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img]). Most of them have said they're having a hard time.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but the services, especially the Marines, thrive on young, first term members.

The Marine Corps "eats its own" so to speak. Out of every 4 first-term Marines whos time is up , we can only keep one as a rough average. The other 75% go back to society.

Honestly, I think it would be difficult to having been out for a while then coming back in at 35 IMO. I don't think I could do it. </font>

Comment

I was teaching a Navy class about 4 years ago and had a sailor who's name was Calvin Cumm, no shit, so at the beginning of class, when I was doing a roll call, and had to figure [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] out a way to say his name, so the rest of the class wouldn't fall off their chairs. I pronounced his name Calvin Qume, to which he replied, "thats Calvin Cumm".
                                Ok............ [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]
                                Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

Working...
                                X