Germany then and now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Germany then and now

interesting site, the look of germany during WW2 and now. All kinds of ruins military and civilian. Some stuff has barely changed just the removal of eagles and swatstikas. seems like the site owners father was an officer during the time and took many of the photos.

http://www.thirdreichruins.com/index.htm
    1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Re: Germany then and now

Pretty interesting stuff. My friend moved into his apartment a cple years ago and he went into the basement (his dad owns the blding I believe) and found a lot of old WWII items. Old medals, pictures, maps, a uniform and some cool diaries and battle plans. Guess his grandfather may have fought in the war, but some of that stuff was awsome

Comment

I can´t believe they "missed" Tempelhof Airfield... it was one of the most important NS-AF R&D bases, as well as the entire structure itself being planned (and w/ the exception of the head constructed) as a "Reichsadler", if you look at the field from the air it quockly becomes apparent....

The USAF took it over after the war and shared it with charter traffic.. Ther were large Nazi symbols and Insignia all over the base... other than their removal, the base remains virtually untouched, including the under ground tunnels that extend for miles (where most of the Nazi R&D was done.....)..

But still a cool site [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

It also doesnt include other parts of germany at the time, such as FRANCE, but im just nit picking,lol.

Comment

Templehof from a different website
          1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

BTW, IIRC Tempelhof is also the fourth largest building in the world, the "wingspan" is just over a mile

[ QUOTE ]
            It also doesnt include other parts of germany at the time, such as FRANCE, but im just nit picking,lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but I mean: BERLIN, Center, capitol and "pivotal point" of the Empire Hitler tried to create... it´s not like it was recently annexed or anything [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Very nice! any of you seen 'Der Untergang' ? that one is great! hope they do more from earlier in the war too, it would be nice to see especially when it is so accurate

Comment

That's really interesting stuff. Especially Berchtesgaden since my Oma (grandma) and Uncles live there, and I was just there last March visiting. Plus the Jagdtiger info, since I've seen the one that's at Aberdeen Proving Grounds in MD.
                Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

pretty interesting.

there was a pic of him visiting my home town online somewhere. it's just down the street from me. on one side there's the town castle (now a museum) where he lived for a few weeks
                  also, i live just above the backalley archway (used to be an archway) where the slovene fight against nazis started
                  You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

Working...
                  X