Hey old Punks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey old Punks

The Adolescents are playing a re-union show here tonight. Have any closet punks here seen them on their recent tours? I think I'll roll down to check them out even though it's at the kiddie no-booze venue (That's what the flask is for).

Re: Hey old Punks

Whoa...that would be a great show to see. The Adolescents were killer...didn't know they were still around and touring.

Back in the day, they were one of my all time faves, along with Black Flag, Descendents, Channel 3,and Minor Threat.

Definitely go see it and report back.

Comment

I'm going either way, just haven't heard anything about them nowdays.
      I never really was a Black Flag fan, Rollins just kind of bugs me. Minutemen, Descendants, Minor Threat, and Big Black were the bands I used to really like.

Comment

AHhh nice! freakin' sweet bands being hit up in this place!
        anyone much for Fugazi or Teen Idols (i ask since Minor Threat was credited here)?

Comment

Teen Idles were allright...but Ian and Jeff really found their stride with Minor Threat. LOVE that Minor Threat guitar sound.

As for Fugazi...they were never really my thing. Which is weird, cause I like and respect Ian. However, I did love his project before Fugazi..Embrace. Awesome, awesome record.

Comment

I like Fugazi a lot. To me it's really cool to see how the progressed as musicians over their long career. The arrangement just kept getting more and more complex. I haven't heard Ian's latest project, but reviews were kind of sketchy.

I really like Ian as a musician, but in interviews he just comes off as a dick.

Comment

Really? I like how Ian comes across... Anyway I was a huge Rites of Spring fan so you can imagine I am a big Fugazi fan. I think Ian and Guy are just so great together
              I keep the bible in a pool of blood
              So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Ian is straight edge, for this reason the band pretty much stayed away from mass media sources (MTV, SPIN, Rollingstone) due to their links with tobacco and alcohol companies. The interviews he would give were always seemed to be forced and that may have made him look like a dick.

Comment

Ian is not Straight Edge any longer though not saying he is a tobacco or alcohol user but he dropped that a long time ago and does get the chuckles from the sXe song
                  I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                  So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Working...
                  X