Cherry Pie!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cherry Pie!!!

This is a band that I completely missed. Between 1988 and late 1991 I only listened to a few bands and spent most of my time studying and writing my own tunes.

I didn't hear bands like Warrant, Trixter, Slaughter, etc., until a few years after their corpses started to stink and Seattle took over the world.

I saw that Cherry Pie video about a year ago and that chick was hot. I always though when you guys were referring to Bobby Brown you meant Whitneys man.
    Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      This is a band that I completely missed. Between 1988 and late 1991 I only listened to a few bands and spent most of my time studying and writing my own tunes.

I didn't hear bands like Warrant, Trixter, Slaughter, etc., until a few years after their corpses started to stink and Seattle took over the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

be glad most of them sucked ass.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        I saw a show from VH1, I think it was called 40 hottest rockstar girlfriends and wives or something.

Bobbie wasn't fat IMO, she still looked pretty doable, Tawney Kitaen wasn't very hot anymore tho.
        There were a lot of chicks: Pam, Carmen etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

She was on an episode of that show Blind Date about a year ago and I thought she looked like an old barskank. It didn't help that she had an attitude like she was a superstar either.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          [ QUOTE ]
          I can honestly say I haven't... That genre pretty much disgusted me at that time when it was popular.

Although I watched the video with interest when it was on heavy rotation on MTV I remember.

I have hummed long with Uncle Toms Cabin though. Is that the same band?

[/ QUOTE ]

+1, yeah Warrant. I thought that video was so blatently sexist when it came out it was almost humorous.
          I think Bobby is a fat chick now. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I appreciated their guitarist more long after their fall.

[/ QUOTE ]

funny thing is though Tom is that my friend Tommy did all the solos on most of their songs from the first 2 albums. his name is tommy gervins and he is eddie money's touring guitarist. he is a great songwriter on his own. he is a session man extroadinaire.
          Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Warrant guitarist Joey Allen sites he took lessons from two guys when doing these albums; Mike Slammer and Tommy Girvin. A quote from an interview...."both guys taught me a tremendous amount about phrasing and playing inside the song."

I've visted Eddies site before when downloading tunes so I had heard of Tommy Girvin.
            From what little I've read, he did not play the actual parts but probably was very influencial in aiding the writing of guitar parts for Warrant. Hard to say what happens behind the scenes or the mixing board for that matter but I think most guys would play their own parts lest they wanted to be like Vanilla Ice of glammers.
            Typically if they have to do it live, they should be the ones playing the recorded parts.

Those guys had some cool BC Rich's. It seems Eric is playing a GMP V now.

Comment

i heard fred coury from cinderella could not nail down his tracks on their albums and they had to bring in a drummer for them to record. again, could just be rumours.

Comment

Tommy if your friend the other Tommy recorded those solos then IMHO your lead playing style is a bit similar to his, you both have that Demartinish melodic aproach in solos in my opinion, wich is very cool.
                "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  I always though when you guys were referring to Bobby Brown you meant Whitneys man.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny thing about that is...her name IS Bobbi Brown! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I am not a girl so I don't like Warrant.

Comment

thanks endrik, are coming to my lost dust off weekend here in huntington beach? it's gonna be a bender that could snap the golden gate bridge.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        thanks endrik, are coming to my lost dust off weekend here in huntington beach? it's gonna be a bender that could snap the golden gate bridge.

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry man, can't come, too much shit to do here, but I sure like to wisit Hunitington beach, maybe next year.
                        dust off...hmm.. I can't even drink a light beer... even a little bit of chemical/toxic shit can put me to the hospital...damn, monday I stripped my old guitar with heat gun, I had to breath that paint/laquer/sealer shit and thanks to that my leg hurt for two days [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
                        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Huntington Beach..my neck could use a good twist or two...or three. Locally..there were some hotties in the uptown art fest today! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Not to mention I picked up an '88 HM strat in very decent shape for 185.00! 1.75 nut, 24 fret. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                          X