06 Street Bob or Night Rod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 06 Street Bob or Night Rod

I really like both of these bikes I am planning on getting one of them. I just can't decide...
    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
    So that none of its lies can affect me

Re: 06 Street Bob or Night Rod

I would go with the street bob, more of a Harley in my opinion. The V rods are cool bikes, but they just dont make me think Harley. The Bob looks to be a cool blank slate if you will that you can make your own.

Comment

Yeah I know what you are saying but I have only ridden sport bikes (My last bike was a Ducati 996) and the night Rod is much more of a sport bike. That and and never having ridden a long time with ape hangars although these don't really qualify but a much different postion than I am used too...

That being said I am leaning street bob
      I keep the bible in a pool of blood
      So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Well I have a night train and my buddy has a Dyna Wide ..

In all honesty I personally find the drag bars more comfortable for winding roads and the apes for long hauls.

If it's for a lot of local riding and your looking for performance go with the nite rod.. it is a plus that it's liquid cooled and fast ..

If your looking for cruising comfort go with the Dyna, the apes are great for laying back ..plus the dyna would look better with bags added if you wanted ..
        Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

I haven't seen the Bob in the flesh yet, but I have checked out the '06 Dyna Std. and Low Rider as well as the Night Rod. I was really excited about the '06s Dynas on paper and was thinking of trading in my '04 Sportster 1200R for a Dyna Custom or 35th Anniversary. The upgrades in the '06 Dyna Twin Cam are all good and overdue changes (maybe the failing cam bering issues is finally a thing of the past with these!) In person I am pretty dissapointed in the '06 Dynas. I can't put my finger on it, but they seem cheapened some how, and the gap between the tank and head tube is bothersome to me. Another design blunder on the '06 Dynas (IMO) is that the passenger pegs are now mounted on the swing arm. Bad move if you ride with a passenger. Even my '04 Sportster has frame mounted pegs! In fact I can't see why anyone would buy a new Dyna Std. over a Sportster 1200R or 1200C. To me the Sportster has a more comfortable seating position.

Now the night rod, I like it! I have never been a huge Vrod fan, but they have somewhat grown on me. Unfortunatly every time I sit on a Vrod, I can't get into it. I thought the Street Rod was going to be a big improvement, but I can't sit on that one either (pegs are way to high for my geezer hips!). The Night Rod surprised the heck out of me! I like it and could sit on it comfortably. Nice bike, I will be test riding one of those. I don't think I would get rid of my Sporty for it, but it is cool.

Comment

Working...
          X