X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classic Car Buffs - Look at this

I want something similar to this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=4565970238

A 73 - 84 chevy or gmc 2wd shortbed. I want to spend 3k or less. I don't really know anything about working on cars, so I would like to get one that doesn't really need any work. But a friend is buying a property with a huge garage and will probably be acquiring a bunch of tools soon because he plans to build a kit car, so I think I am covered in that department. And I figure parts should be inexpensive and easy to find since the design/body style of these trucks didn't change for 10+ years. As long as the engine is decent, there's little or no rust, and the paintjob is good from 5 feet away it's good enough for me.

I live in the middle of Chicago - not the suburbs, actually in the city. Not many people have classic cars and even fewer have an old pickup truck in decent condition. I just want it to cruise around in the spring through fall and maybe put a bed liner in it so I can haul home inprovement supplies. Store it in the winter. Think if I take decent care of it that it will be worth as much or more than I payed for it in 5 years when I probably sell it?

Re: Classic Car Buffs - Look at this

Keep in mind that you can't have an open-bed truck on LSD.
    Occupy JCF

Comment

They shouldnt even allow you to drive on LSD... Hallucinations and all, hehe... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I'd buy one from a southern state if I were you, mid west trucks suck for rust, and 73-87 chevys are THE WORST
        I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Working...
        X