• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Public Service Announcement - Debit Card Scams

Got this from my bank:

[ QUOTE ]

Two recent schemes involve credit card information obtained as follows:

When paying for merchandise, the clerk will often put the credit card on the counter and then pretend he/she has a cell phone call. By using a picture phone, they are able to take a picture of the card and then use the information
    When you are paying in a restaurant, the waiter usually takes your card for imprinting and returns it with the bill. Many people just put the card back in their wallets without really looking at it. In this scam, an expired card replaces the customer's card.

Simple precautions such as holding the credit card until the clerk is ready to use it or picking it up if there is a distraction can prevent your information from being obtained. When your credit card is out of your possession, always look at it when it is returned to you to be sure it is the same card you presented.

[/ QUOTE ]

Simple enough to remember, but these days it bears repeating.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Re: Public Service Announcement - Debit Card Scams

I hear ya.
    I was at a retail store a couple of years back and handed the card to the cashier. She did her thing and placed the card on her side of the counter.
    I could reach it, all the while there is this scumbag behind me with his eyes fixed on my card.
    Trying to memorize all the info on his pea brain.

From my cell I called the credit card company, they had already registered my purchase and I proceeded to put a freeze on that card for a month.
    Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

yeah so easy to scam and no one to trust
      I keep the bible in a pool of blood
      So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Working...
        X