Songs for Acoustic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Songs for Acoustic

Hey Guys, I am trying to build up a song repetoire for college, and I am running out of ideas for acoustic songs that would be fun to play around on. Any recommendations?

Re: Songs for Acoustic

If you are looking for songs that will get everyones attention at say a drunk party..... then, anything from Jimmy Buffet, David Allen Coe, and the like. Maybe too country-ish for you but worked like a charm for me in back in college.

Comment

Toad the Wet Sprocket, Alice in Chains, Aerosmith, Metallica... anything by Paul Simon.

Comment

How bout some doobie brothers...or maybe some opeth. Im not really sure what your tastes are. check out "harvest" by opeth.

Comment

Dee, Diary of a Madman, numerous Zepplin song.
          shawnlutz.com

Comment

well, I am going to be trying to get some gigs at local bars and shit like that, so Opeth probably will be out, since most people down here dont know what Europe is, let alone the music that comes from it.

Comment

just about any Zeppelin acoustic song is something you should learn (if you like em, I guess), not only are they great songs and fun to play, but I guarantee that working out Page phrasings and chord progressions will make anyone a better player.
              the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

There's so much acoustic material out there to learn but im quite fond of zeppeling. Led Zeppelin is the best material for acoustic. Learn Over the hills and far away, going to california, down by the seaside, black country woman, Bron-y-aur, Stomp, gallows pole, ten years gone, thats the way. Theres a few more i forgot to mention im sure. One of the first songs i ever learned was Stairway to Heaven, My favorite song of all time. If you ask me, its the best song ever written, not a flaw in it. Check out led zeppelin 3, amazing material there and everyone enjoys the zeppelin [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

other suggestions, the beatles have some great songs, Paul simon is a great choice (one hell of a fucking songwriter), kansas' "dust in the wind". Maybe some newer stuff like audioslave that your college mates would recognize. Nirvana comes to mind as well, popular with the college crowd.

And of course, theres always country [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

happy playing [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

The Eagles, Bob Seger
                  Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Never Loved Her Anyway - The Scream
                    Occupy JCF

Comment

Creedence Clearwater Revival - everything.
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Used to love her but I had to kill her Guns n Roses lol
                        I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Some of my favorites...

Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here, Hey You
                          Eric Clapton - Tears in Heaven, other stuff from the unplugged album
                          Hotel California
                          Nothing Else Matters

Comment

Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
                            Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

CSN&Y....if you and some buddies can pull off the harmonies.
                              Scott
                              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X