Music Schools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music Schools

Im considering attending a music college and I thought perhaps some of the members on this board have gone to one of the music schools Ill list that Im considering, or they just went to college to study guitar in general. Right now its between Berklee, McNally Smith College of music (formerly musictech), or Musicians Institute. Im leaning most towards musicians institute because its in LA, and its most affordable to me out of all those. Does anyone have any advice or reccomendations?

Re: Music Schools

I don't know anything about Berklee, but I go to school in Boston and it's a great area.

Comment

If you're in Chicago, have you considered the American Conservatory of Music, Vandercook College, or Columbia College?
      Occupy JCF

Comment

stay local. living in la (is so much FUUUUNNNNN!!!!) is expensive, and you're going to have a hell of a time finding decent pizza.

if that's not enough to keep you around, then i can't help you.
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I pretty much agree with Sully on that. Every major university and even the larger commuinity colleges have a music programs so its not like you have to go to MI in LA. Of the ones you listed I would think Berklee would be your best shot, if it has to be one on your list. I was selected to go to Grove School of Music but never went, I moved to Houston to make some money for a year first but never left my job until 11 years later [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Being 22, alone and in LA without knowing anyone would not have been the ieal situation for me and my personality. I lived a breathed guitar already but at least I had a job, food, beer money and apartment in Houston. I think I would have been just another guitar player fleeing the midwest (Detroit at the time) with stars theirs eyes who only eventually return back home burnout/strung out with some cool experiences but with their tails between their legs [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
          shawnlutz.com

Comment

tekky, ive never heard of the american conservatory of music, tell me more. is it in chicago?

Comment

Berklee has online classes as well.
              750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
              Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

http://www.berkleemusic.com/
                750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
                Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

I have several friends that graduated from Berklee, and almost went there myself. If you want music to be your career, then it's highly recommended.

Comment

Working...
                  X