Vacation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vacation

Just got back from vacation. Went with the inlaws to Pigeon Forge. The Muscle car museum(killer 69,71 GTO Judges, 69 Yenko camaro and other great rides) and go cart tracks kicked ass. The triplets had a blast on the kids rides.

During the kid's nap time I headed out to the local pawn shops and music stores. I figured this would be a great place to find a $400 strathead. The pawn shops were terrible. The only rock guitar I came across was a B C Rich Rave Warlock or Bich( I don't really know the difference between those pointy guitars). Squires, no name junk and J B Players were everywhere. What shocked me was the amount of acoustic guitars, banjos, and fiddles that had been pawned. Martin, Gibson, Gretch you name it. They out numbered electric guitars 3 to 1.

I went into this one music store (Music Outlet) they had some killer Gibson and Fender electrics. But their show pieces were the acoustics. I asked one of the sales guys if they had any Charvels, Jacksons or ESPs hidden anywhere in their store. He said "Char what"? I replied Charvel. He asked me what a Charvel was. I told him a guitar. He'd never heard of the brand.

He asked the owner of the store. The owner said "My god I haven't heard someone mention Charvel for almost 20 some years". He told me that in hill billy country no one ever plays such fancy high end guitars. My jaw dropped sitting right next to me was a Les Paul covered in mother of pearl and gold. Along with an abalone cover tele. These things were pimped out to the max.

I was in a state of shock. I would have bought a Charvette if I could have found one. If anyone is headed to the Pigeon Forge area unless you are looking for a killer acoustic don't waste your time looking for a wierd named guitar like "Charvel" or any other rock guitars.

Re: Vacation

I'm going on vaction next week, charvels are the furthest from my mind, its all ass and titties
    I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Working...
    X