Stupid guitar mistakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid guitar mistakes

NEVER ATTEMPT TO TUNE 11-70'S TO E....haha a little lesson from my first days of guitar. It was on a epi LPC cuz I wanted to play like Zakk Wylde and my bassist buddy was slapping it, and the nut just clean flew off. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

What are some stuid mistakes you guys have made with a guitar? Just not paying attention etc etc... love to hear em

Re: Stupid guitar mistakes

makin' out with the girlfriend BEFORE putting my Les Paul back on his stand.. broke the neck.. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

kept the girl however but never found me another Gibson LP like that one [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

^ ouch.

Comment

slipping on beer spots, crashing into amps, knocking guitars real hard, and let's not forget the quick band breaks where you get a dose of anything before you come back out and you're ready to play anything but you can't shut up. there's plenty of others.
        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

trying to build an evh, knoking a beer into a tube head, throwing a pointy head into a wall
          I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Bending over to grab a beer, not holding my Charvel tightly, and watching in amazement as the headstock hit the tile floor and little pieces went everywhere...still plays like a dream..only cosmetic (thank goodness).

Comment

The first is - walking through a door with the Rhoads strapped on. Only did that once. The second is - turning around in a tight rehearsal area - with the Rhoads strapped on. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

The only other thing I can remember now, is letting a drummer borrow my guitar to play with for a few minutes. It's amazing how many dings a man can put in a guitar without even trying. Thank goodness it was the Vantage...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Bending over to grab a beer, not holding my Charvel tightly, and watching in amazement as the headstock hit the tile floor and little pieces went everywhere...still plays like a dream..only cosmetic (thank goodness).

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats why I kept in a corner Jeri
                I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

While opening for Twisted Sister and getting boo'd like crazy as usual, my 1968 Gibson SG slipped off of my strap and fell face first on to the stage splitting the headstock in 2 while the crowd roared with laughter and then continued boo'ing.
                  Another time I had a fight with my bass player on stage because he was too wired and so was I and he tripped over his cord and knocked his Sunn Coliseum stack on the floor. It went up in a mini mushroom cloud. GIG OVER.

Comment

One show I decided I was going to slide my guitar face down across the stage like YJM. None of the stages we ever played on were 1/50th the size of his.

At the end of Detroit Rock City, I laid my Aria down and shoved her across the stage. It sounded cool as shit until the singer stepped onto the chord. The chord ripped out sending my Aria into an uncontrolled frisbee spin. It bounced off a monitor and landed with a sickening crunch on the concrete floor.

Aria's are as tough as nails. There was a paint chip taken out of the headstock, and a huge chunk of paint( 2" X 2" square) missing from the lower bought near the output jack and the wood was a little flatter there than anywhere else on the guitar. I gave it a once over, plugged it in and finished the gig. Lesson learned. I never did any stupid guitar player tricks again.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      NEVER ATTEMPT TO TUNE 11-70'S TO E....haha a little lesson from my first days of guitar. It was on a epi LPC cuz I wanted to play like Zakk Wylde and my bassist buddy was slapping it, and the nut just clean flew off. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                      I'm trying to understand the physics of this. how can the nut fly off if there is even one string to hold it down? did the strings break? I'm lost.... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

You are too funny skorb! I'm still trying to figure that one out myself! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

My worst one was being woken up by an alarm clock that was set incorrectly. I grabbed the alarm clock and threw it at the wall as I was half asleep and couldn't turn the damn thing off. Guess what I hit? My Westone SX [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Took a nice hunk out of the finish, and yes it WAS mint before that. The things we do when we're young [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
                          The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats why I kept in a corner Jeri

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh...that's what I did wrong. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] You forgot to send instructions

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              While opening for Twisted Sister and getting boo'd like crazy as usual, my 1968 Gibson SG slipped off of my strap and fell face first on to the stage splitting the headstock in 2 while the crowd roared with laughter and then continued boo'ing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ouch, now that's bad [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X