• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stupid guitar mistakes

^ [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      And WHY on earth would you let a drummer play your guitar? Was this drummer Bam Bam? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Sorry.. I couldn't resist. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
      Not sure what he was really. He had this amazing ability to put dents in things. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Another time, mid-rehearsal, I was standing close to the drumkit - and he decided to knock his drumstick over my guitar neck to start off a song. The marks are still visible. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
      Again, good thing it was that same Vantage beater it happened to, or fists would've been flying! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      He immediately realized what he had done though, and was totally mortified over it, saying; "DAMN! I really REALLY didn't mean to do that!" [put the dings in the neck] At that point I was just laughing though. It was just like him.

[ QUOTE ]
      And Chris, I would be interested in knowing which vaccuum you use that has such wonderful suck capabilities. My vaccuum cleaner does not suck nearly as well as yours.

[/ QUOTE ]
      "NOTHING SUCKS LIKE ELECTROLUX!" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Comment

When my mate first bought an explorer he was sat in a chair, by a wall, turned round too quickly and chipped the headstock, quickly turned around the other way and chipped the corner of the body!

Also, my brother rammed the headstock of a new Charvel Bass into Ian's wall by accident and took a chunk out of the wall!

Comment

John your a dick! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I did this , and John was there...in my VH tribute ..right after my 25 minute bass solo [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]...well we always went right into "Runnin' with the Devil"...and we had that intro always qued up...that noise...whatever the hell that is...and Michael Anthony used to sometimes play that intro with his teeth...you know on the open E string...Bomp....Bomp....Bomp....Bomp....

cool.....well it got good to me one night...and I was all WASTED and HAPPY.. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

OK...here's comes that intro...(noise)....Throw the bass up to my mouth..cool ....Bomp....bomp...bomp....bomp...>CRACK<... my TOOTH!!!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

Broke the The tip right off my front tooth... [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

My dentist...he filed it down and shit...so it ain't so noticable.. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Bill that's pretty stupid [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              I'm glad you didn't broke your pud while slappin' the intro of mean streets [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I was in a hurry for a lesson one day, but I wanted to warm up before I left. After I was done warming up, I was in a hurry to go, so I lifed the guitar fast over my head, but the strap acted like a bungee cord and whipped the guitar back in to my face, specifically the corner of my eyebrow. Blood everywhere. It ended up taking 5 stitches to close it.
                I missed practice and had a hard time explaining to the doctor how it happened.

One of them guitarded moments. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

"I'm glad you didn't broke your pud while slappin' the intro of mean streets "

yeah I remeber that ..I was doing awesome at the Guitarmageddon until I did that and was thrown out.. [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Got into a fight with the girlfriend, My 3 month old American BC Rich Warlock on the stand behind me. Argued for a while, she got pissed and threw my keys at me and walked out. Went looking for my keys a couple minutes after only to find one of the keys stuck in the face of the body like a dart! it was a bad day!

Comment

When I was 16, I played in a garage band. We were practicing, and I got tangled up in my chord. Between songs, I unplugged the chord from the amp and the guitar, grabbed it by one end and gave it a flick of the wrist like it was a bullwhip. It straightened out, but the 1/4-inch jack at the other end turned toward me like it had a life of its own. I was paralyzed, watching it head for my yam sack in slow motion. It grazed the very bottom of on of my nuts...for a moment, I felt smug because it seemed it didn't get enough to do much. A split-second later, I was writhing on the ground. Metal objects + Goolies = Pain.

My other Stupid Guitar Mistake was selling a beautiful white Model 2 to my idiot friend who now isn't playing it, has it stashed in the garage (in Arizona, that means it probably bakes at 120 degrees every day) and refuses to sell it back to me.

Comment

Did it last night. My Lakland bass has an active Bartolini preamp, with a Fishman battery holder. You know the drop-in kind. Last night, I replaced the battery. Well, unbeknownst to me, I put the battery in backwards. So, I plug in, and get no sound. I'm fiddling with my cable, and all of a sudden, I ask myself... "What's that smell?" That sickening, burning electronics smell. Ugh. So, now I have to bring that over to the guy who does repair work for me, because I just don't want to deal with it.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

- E.
                        Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] this thread is just awesome!!

I second the drummer-thing. never give these guys guitars, they can't handle it.
                          he just was supposed to help me carry my stuff into rehearsal room, he had only the guitar (since I didn't want to mess it up carrying all the other stuff), and hit the wall twice. didn't manage to do that in years before, and he did it twice within 5 mins!!
                          no real damage, but he won't get another of my guitars again. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

another thing is, I had my strap twisted on the wing side of my rhoads, and it just slipped out of the strap and fell down before I was able to react. I was really stupid looking I think, but I always took care to havge it right since that day... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          I have carpet everywhere, but the long wing just hit this tiny place on my floor where my footswitch was standing. some glue fixed it though.

the funniest thing I've seen was a gig where the singer was doing some headbanging and got twisted with her hair in the guitarplayers headstock.
                          she had to follow him all over the stage, but she kept the show going for the rest of the song. respect!
                          tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

Working...
                          X