Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help?! removing label from liquor bottle.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help?! removing label from liquor bottle.

I want to put a Jagermeister label on my 84 Gibson explorer like Hetfield's. I remember hearing something about soaking the bottle to remove the label but dont know the full procedure. I know it sounds like a dumb question but I need to know how to do it and I already looked on Ebay but no one is selling labels or label sized stickers. Any help is apreciated.
    Thanks

Re: Help?! removing label from liquor bottle.

try this put a piece of paper over the label. then go over it using an iron on low. MOST adhesives break down when heated. soaking it may work but i think that will wrinkle & ruin the label.

Comment

Hairdryer

Comment

fill the bottle with very hot water
        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Leave the bottle outside in the hot Humidity.... Back in college a buddy of mine passed out laying under his car and woke up the next morning with 100's of Budweiser and Wild Turkey labels all over his windows. They lasted forever. I think he graduated with them still stuck on there. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Put the bottle in the freezer for a couple hours then take it out. When it gets good and sweaty, the lable should peel right off.
            Scott
            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

1) drink contents
              2) smash over head
              3) pick glass from label

4) see doctor
              Occupy JCF

Comment

soak the label off, but then scan it and print it out on sticker paper.
                Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                Sully Guitars on Facebook
                Sully Guitars on Google+
                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

+1 Sully.

The best thing to do is to soak the bottle in the sink in warm water until you can slide the label off. As soon as you can do that, put it right on the guitar while the adhesive is still wet, then smooth it down from the center out with a paper towel to dry up the excess water. By the next day, it'll be permenent. I did an entire guitar with Amstel Light labels, and they stayed on forever. I had to sand them off.
                  But I would put the Jagermeister label on if you like to drink jagermeister, but not just because hetfield did it. [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

Comment

Paper Mache the JCF way [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Dunno, I like Tekky's way better, lol. Makes for good stories, if you can remember it that is

Comment

I drink a lot of Jagermeister. They sponsor my band. Great people, those folks at Jager.......

Anyway, I frequently find myself with a cooler containing three things: ice, beer & Jagermeister.

I usually take that cooler to a concert, a show of my own, or somewhere.....

It seems to me that most often....usually a couple hours into the event, after repeated retrievals of beers, & retrievals of the bottle of Jager, & after some melting of the ice has occurred......the label on the Jager bottle always seems to slide right off.

My advice is to experiment in this manner.

Comment

Working...
                        X