Occupy JCF

Re: R.I.P. - Miss Ellie

RIP

Comment

RIP

Comment

Man, the 3 lung cancer deaths this week has got me thinking about quitting for good. [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

RIP [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

A~
        All hail the 'King'
        R.I.P~ RLC

Comment

Sad day, and sad week. Rest in peace, Barbara Bel Geddes; you were loved and will be missed. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Smoking is really bad. Its not as bad as that fucking horrible Dallas Series was but its damn close.

Comment

RIP.
              Scott
              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Smoking is really bad. Its not as bad as that fucking horrible Dallas Series was but its damn close.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey... didn't we talk about 'spect with that Jennings thread???

I loved Dallas as a kid. Every Friday night just before it came on, I'd get into my Dallas Cowboys PJs (with the feet) and sit right in front of the TV.
                Occupy JCF

Comment

I never seen a single Dallas show in my life..that was the whole "who shot JR show" right?

I thought this was about Ellie May of the Beverly Hillbillies....I'm old.
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I loved Dallas as a kid. Every Friday night just before it came on, I'd get into my Dallas Cowboys PJs (with the feet) and sit right in front of the TV.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, I know Todd, but all the RIP's for an old fairly obscure actor who died of lung cancer who smoked like a fiend got to me a little. Sorry bro..

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      I never seen a single Dallas show in my life..that was the whole "who shot JR show" right?

I thought this was about Ellie May of the Beverly Hillbillies....I'm old.

[/ QUOTE ]
                      Donna Douglas is still alive and kicking if I recall correctly.
                      Occupy JCF

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        [ QUOTE ]
                        [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, I know Todd, but all the RIP's for an old fairly obscure actor who died of lung cancer who smoked like a fiend got to me a little. Sorry bro..

[/ QUOTE ]

I realize that she's relatively obscure. I'd probably put some good money down on the odds that the majority of this board had never seen the TV show Dallas. But, I, in a reminiscence of my own childhood, remembered her and thought enough to post something about her.

I'm not about to commend her for her smoking, lord knows I'm trying to get my wife to quit. But there's no need to condemn someone for a habit that was a catalyst to their demise. Just because she smoked doesn't mean the she doesn't deserve some amount of respect.

I think probably the best thing to take away from the Jennings thread is if someone is posting a memoriam of sorts, it's best to either say something positive, or nothing at all.
                        Occupy JCF

Comment

Working...
                        X