JCF Beer Tree - Beer Exchange Program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: JCF Beer Tree - Beer Exchange Program

We've got Fat Tire here as well. It's ok, but I don't crave for it nightly.

Comment

Sounds like a pretty fun idea [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Would this be purely for americans? or from anywhere and everywhere?

cause i just love german beer [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
      93 USA Soloist EDS
      USA HT6 Juggernaut
      Charvel DK24FR

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        how the hell would you ship beer?

[/ QUOTE ]
        In a box?? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] J/K...it may be difficult for sure.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          how the hell would you ship beer?

[/ QUOTE ]

The beers that I got from the thing that Kristi got me all came in boxes. Granted, it was 2 6-packs worth, but I think one of the bigger liquor stores has ways to send bottles.
          Occupy JCF

Comment

<font color="aqua">Just to keep in mind, you can't ship alcohol through the US Postal Service. I haven't checked into UPS or fed ex though so maybe those are possibilities. I actually wondered if this was done and how, so if anyone knows, speak up please [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I could definitely get into this is well - [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]</font>
            Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

I shipped a bottle of something thru UPS once last year alot of bubble wrap & a box a bit big for the bottle.
              According To The Prophecy

Comment

I was thinking the same thing, but I thought it was illegal to transport alcohol across state line period....I could be wrong on that one, I may be thinking open container...who knows....

As far as how expensive it would be, I dont think it would be expensive at all. I had shipped a bottle of grillin sauce from VA to WY through UPS and it went by weight....didnt weigh much, didnt cost much....

Mrs LPC

Comment

I did a quick search and came up with this...

Here's a hypothetical: You live west of the Mississippi and are visiting the East Coast. You fall in love with Midas Touch from Dogfish Head Brewing Co. in Delaware and buy a case. You don't want to hassle with it on the airplane flight home so you decide to mail it back. You go to the post office, and they tell you it's illegal to send alcohol through the mail. You go to UPS, and the clerk says they can't ship beer. You try FedEx, same thing. Discouraged you go back to your brother's house shaking your head. Let me try, he says. He takes the beer to FedEx, and they ship it. Of course he doesn't tell them exactly what's in the package.

And that's for beer you bought yourself and intend to drink in your own home. The challenges of shipping beer only get more confusing from there.

Those attempting to buy beer through the mail, either from stores or as members of various beer clubs, learn this first hand. For instance, a Beer Break reader shared this letter he received from the State of Utah, Department of Public Safety, State Bureau of Investigation about the beer (from a vendor other than Real Beer) that was confiscated when he lived in Utah:

"Dear Mr. (he asked we not use his name):

"I am an agent with the State Bureau of Investigations. Recently, I intercepted 21 bottles of alcohol addressed to you. I have been unable to contact you at your residence.

"The law pertaining to the importation of alcoholic beverages is UCA 32A-12-503: It is unlawful for any...person, to ship or transport or cause to be transported into this state or from one place to another within this state any alcoholic product. This is a class B misdemeanor punishable up to a $1,000 fine and/or six months in jail.

"To my knowledge, this is your first offense. Many people in Utah do not know that sending or receiving alcohol is illegal. Therefore, I am sending you this letter as a warning. If our department intercepts any alcoholic beverages in the future, you will be charged for the violation.

"To avoid problems in the future, I would ask that you contact whoever sends you the alcohol and cancel any orders you may have coming.

"Respectfully, Agent (name withheld)"

Mrs LPC

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    I shipped a bottle of something thru UPS once last year alot of bubble wrap & a box a bit big for the bottle.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">Chuk, was it something that would explode like a beer would, or was it something like liquor? </font>
                    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Krista has a good point - there are some states that no one can send alcohol through (same with bullets/firearms). We would have to find some way around that. UPS will only ship alcohol from people who are licensed and have a contract with them. Plus the package must have a lable requiring a signature from someone over 21 at the place of delivery. Fedex is probably similar.

Beer and wine can be shipped with lots of conditions because it is on the list of hazardous materials because it's flammable.

But I think it's an awesome idea, if we can get around the shipping issue. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img](Sorry - this is Kristi - I didn't realized Tekky was logged in!)
                      Occupy JCF

Comment

Sounds cool, but I only usually drink Budweiser, sometimes Sam Adams Cherry Wheat or Yuengling. I don't think anyone would want to do a trade for those since they're pretty much available everywhere. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                        X