New Job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Job

Most of you guys know that for the past 3 1/2 years I have been a stay at home dad to my triplet sons. I finally hit the wall. They pushed me past my breaking point. I had let a few people know that I was taking a Real Estate course to become a Realtor.

Two days after I had completed the Real Estate course, a friend of mine called from the VA (Veterans Administration) saying that they had 2 openings and I should apply. I did and got offered the position of VSR ( Veterans Service Rep.).

I had worked for the VA right after I was discharged from the Navy. I left there because I could not get a promotion. They were real big on having 4 year degrees. Which i have now. With my previous gov. service plus my military time I have 9 years already towards my retirement. Meaning I'll have 30 years by the time I hit 57. I don't think I'll mind retiring at 57.

I still plan on taking the state exam for my Realtor license and finding a broker who will allow me to work part time. I'm really stoked and thought I would share.

Re: New Job

Congrats, that's great news.

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
      Occupy JCF

Comment

congrats man, that kicks ass!
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

What great news, bro. Congrats!

Comment

Congratulations.

Staying at home with kids is no easy task, I'm sure you'll find your new job quite relaxing [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

That is great news - congrats. Triplets, huh? You sir are my new hero. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
              Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Thats awesome man. Congratulations...I'd love to be a stay at home dad. Its hard work for sure but I'd do it in a heartbeat if my wife could make as much as I.
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Let me buy you a beer, Congrats!!!!

Adrian
                  All hail the 'King'
                  R.I.P~ RLC

Comment

Thanks everyone. I can't wait. It will be like a vacation.

Trying to potty train three, three year olds was all it took. Who ever coined the term "the terrible two's" obviously didn't have any older children. 3 year olds are much worse than two year olds. I know I'll miss the little monsters. But I can't stand another day in this house.

Comment

Who's the poor sucker gotta look after the rugrats *now*? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                      X