"Who do you play for?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Who do you play for?"

"U.S.A.!!!".............................Jackso ns [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Just watched that movie 'Miracle' again. Awesome movie even if your not a hockey fan [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    Hear the universe scream
    Bleeding from black holes
    Whom horns careless
    And whom God mourns

Re: \"Who do you play for?\"

Still didn't watch it. Heard nothing but good things about it. One of the most important victories in hockey history, I don't believe it can go wrong really! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

It was a good movie. A few things were hollywoodized but over all it was good. A good book to read is "Boys of Winter" by Wayne Coffee.
      http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

The documentary(can't remember the actual title) was awesome. Brooks was famous for screaming at his team between periods when they were down. In the final game after beating the Soviets, he just paced back and forth for a few minutes saying nothing. Then before leaving the locker room he just said..."If you lose this game you'll take it to your fucking graves....your fucking graves." That must have been awesome to be a part of. Of course that wasn't in the movie. I'll have to pick up that book.
        Hear the universe scream
        Whom horns careless
        And whom God mourns

Comment

I remember that game ....where I was ...who I was with...all the cliche's seem to ring true when it comes to that game...I was a ten year old Pee Wee hockey player at the time...Everytime I watch that movie (the game footage) it brings back those days
          I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Do You Beleive in Miracles?

YES!
            Charvel: Model1, 2 & 5, Surfcaster 12
            Jackson: DK2, JRS-2, Kelly

Comment

Ah crap, a hockey thread! [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]

To the Back Button, Robin! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                Hear the universe scream
                Whom horns careless
                And whom God mourns

Comment

That is a a pretty good movie. I took my sons to go see it when it first came out, I knew the outcome and they didnt, it was great seeing their reactions, much like mine when it happened for real. Yeah it was over hollyoodised but still a good movie.

being a hockey player with olympic dreams of my own at the time I can relate to it. I remember watching the games on ABC and was proud of that group who basically out worked everyone they played. The had way less talent than everyone but they had a great work ethic and great team chemistry and those to things will beat talent any day of the week [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                  shawnlutz.com

Comment

I will rent that. I remember watching that game and being so stoked, then I watched the Penguins lose most of their games in those days [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

Me too
                      www.kiddhavok.com
                      www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
                        I thought this might have been somehow related to Austin Powers.
                        "Who does Number 2 work for? Who does Number 2 work for?"
                        Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                        X