Ever need a break?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever need a break?

I think I am taking one. I love the JCF but seems way too much bickering lately over whatever, going through a divorce isn't helping my attitude either. I have stopped playing guitar too which sucks but I can't pick it up right now. Who else feels like taking a break from these forums and thinking they are so self important that they have to announce it [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
    So that none of its lies can affect me

Re: Ever need a break?

i love it here, but i'm so fukked right now i can't post much anymore. i'm with ya TETS. outta dust off too, fukkin sucks.
    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Yeah I don't know if it is this place I think my love of guitar is in hibernation too which is more the reason, for instance the run Matt's has is trully the perfect guitar for me but I am so worried that I don't play anymore I can't commit to it...

Then when you stop visiting the guitar and amp forums and you end up in feedback and off topic and you see bickering and you are already in a pissed off mood hard to be posiive yourself. I really dig a lot of people here and I have most of their phone #'s that I do (except you Cleveland boys and chuckracer and well others too) but man I am just burnt out a bit I guess, I want levity not bickering LOL. And damn it I need to shout I am this important look at me [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      I keep the bible in a pool of blood
      So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        I think I am taking one. I love the JCF but seems way too much bickering lately over whatever, going through a divorce isn't helping my attitude either. I have stopped playing guitar too which sucks but I can't pick it up right now. Who else feels like taking a break from these forums and thinking they are so self important that they have to announce it [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am nearly to this point. Stress from work, prepping for my upcoming assignment, wife, kids, etc. Can't find time to play and it took me waaaaaaaay too long to finish my mutt and now it'll take me more time to take pics of it. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

There's a bright side, though. I'm here alone. Just me and Jake. Wife and kids are in VA all week. I couldn't go (again) cuz of deployments. Well, I could've gone, but then I would have left everything to my monkeys at work. I DON'T THINK SO! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

i do this sometimes, always come back though [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Tets..I here ya man....I haven't really been here as much as I used to..

too much of a good thing ..well isn't a good thing ..

'cept for weed and pussy..and even that can get old if done constantly..so I've heard.

Take a break man...it's summer...do what you gotta do...pull your pud a few hundred times , get Dee-vorsed ...and when your ready..

we will be here for ya.. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

yeah the "bickering" gets old...but you know what I do now man...I piss on it...I piss all over the bickering and the bickerers ...I give them all a nice warm golden shower...that's what I do...I'm good like that!

ya know why man...Cuz I don't give a shit! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

yeah I know this, when your life uses to suck once again, and you stop playing, hang out wasting your time in places like this...

I used to be kind of that way lately. without any reason I can think of actually.

take some time for yourself. take a break. this sounds like a good idea to me.

but you know what always helped me?
              playing guitar!
              sure I know it, when you're uninspired, unmotivated and absolutely don't feel like playing. I use to take a break in playing, but once I start again, I instantly feel how it makes me feel better.
              it keeps me emotionally clean and helps to keep faith to myself somehow.
              hard to discribe, but you might know what I mean.

what I usually do to get me out of this is, buy a couple of sets of new strings, and make some love to my axes.
              they get a restring, probably some new PUs, a nice polish and the fretboards oiled.

I never was able to do that without jamming around right after.
              and well, it always helped somehow.

you'll go thru it! heads up man!
              tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

Tet's needs a vegas trip.
                I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

I'd not go there. this is bat-land!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

I hear ya, Tets. Been there, done that, bought the t-shirt. But never felt self-important enough to announce it [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I just dropped out for a while. Have done it a couple of times, actually. It's good for ya. Although last time I did it, I actually wanted to come back but kept putting it off. The prospect of having to read a couple months of old posts was too daunting! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

Well, I for one will be missing your presence here. I sure hope you wont be gone long Bro. You were there for me before when I was freaked out, and I hope I can do the same for you.

I know this life shit sucks. I'm back in life shit myself, so my own head is screwed up too. Women suck. Period.

Take a break if you must, but you BETTER come back. or me and Bill will be taking a run to Downers Grove in the Cobra and dragging you out!

Comment

Update: I played my mutt tonight.... LOUD!! (don't get to do that too often) hehehe She frikkin rocks! Really lifted my spirits. I think I'll survive now. Think I'll take pics tomorrow so I can show her off.
                        My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

Should have a JCF Las Vegas meet to cheer him up!
                          Charvel: Model1, 2 & 5, Surfcaster 12
                          Jackson: DK2, JRS-2, Kelly

Comment

Rescue yourself, do an intervention of some sort.
                            You know, take a well deserving vacation and just get happy with buying stuff while vacationing. Do something you haven't done in years and enjoy the adventure and overal experience you get from it. Better yet, just do nothing absolutely nothing at all. Take a day off from work and wake up and say, " I ain't doing nothing today" and have fun at doing nothing all day long. Then go into the city/town and roam and wonder the streets, do windows shopping, eat lots of spicy foods from street vendors, be entertained by all the freaky freaks out there and laugh.

Roll with it man and just be good to yourself.
                            You seem to be a decent knowledgeable person whose deserving of wonderful things in life. Got get em, don't let this valley get you too down on yourself and others.

BUT GOD NO! DON"T STOP PLAYING YOUR GUITAR, NO MATTER WHAT! Your guitar is there for you and will respond to you no matter how good or bad you feel or how things going in your life. Let it rip man, pick the baby up plug in and feast on her. Thats right, thats exactly what I said, "FEAST" on her. Play her like you never played her before and feel it. Again, FEAST, FEAST on her. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                            Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Well said bro....

Comment

Working...
                              X