Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So whats ur vote for album of the year so far?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So whats ur vote for album of the year so far?

This is an easy one for me. It would be SYL's Alien. After reading all the hype on here and another forum, dare I say it (ESP). I had to go out and buy it. I hadnt really gotten into them much before but this album reawakened my interest. This cd is still in heavy rotation for me and every song is solid.

But.... the new Opeth is out soon and that might steal the #1 position. We'll have to wait and see. What are ur votes?

Re: So what ur vote for Album of the year so far?

"Command To Charge" by Suidakra is my favorite so far.

I could have said Def Leppard's "Rock Of Ages: The Definitive Collection" but that's a best-of album so it doesn't quite count. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

No question about it: Nevermore's This Godless Endeavor. Just take a listen to Jeff Loomis and you'll know why.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        No question about it: Nevermore's This Godless Endeavor. Just take a listen to Jeff Loomis and you'll know why.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1 [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Meshuggah - Catch thirtythree

It´s become one of my fav records of all time.
          It grooves, slays and kills everything.
          Take a listen to the ending of track 12 and beginning of track 13. Those two riffs are worth the whole album alone.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

+1 [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
            +2
            Although, I should qualify that by saying I haven't bought too many albums released this year this year. I'm still catching up on last year's albums. And the year's before [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
            Hail yesterday

Comment

I hear that Tommy Lee's new CD is kick ass. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

ok, ill bite.........

whats so good about nevermore/loomis? I downloaded some of their songs (i believe one of them was a new one) and I just don't get it. Its fast and all but......thats it. Its technical but......boring. Vocals are the worse I've ever heard. Don't know, I'm just getting old. I'll take my music with substance and melody please

needless to say, the songs went to my trash bin immediately upon hearing the vocals [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

my pick for best cd is tough cause I havent heard much but if I had to pick: foo fighters or Audioslave

Comment

Obviously TGE Nevermore..

Arch Enemy...

The new Masterplan ..for those into Jorne lande ...this one is a bit better than the last I think.
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Between the Buried and Me - Alaska

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      whats so good about nevermore/loomis? I downloaded some of their songs (i believe one of them was a new one) and I just don't get it. Its fast and all but......thats it. Its technical but......boring. Vocals are the worse I've ever heard. Don't know, I'm just getting old. I'll take my music with substance and melody please

[/ QUOTE ]
                      What I like most about Nevermore is the light and the shade. They aren't all about the speed. They can certainly blaze, but they temper that with acoustic guitars, quieter or slower passages, keys, strings, which all serves to make the arse kicker hurt that much better when they bring the heaviness back.

I don't know what song you checked out, but you might want to check out a couple before you right them off. We could recommend some of their mellower stuff, if you were interested.

I like Warrel's vocals. I understand that they are an acquired taste to many, but compared to some of the bands folks listen to around here, he sings like an angel [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

hhmmmm...Sorry you don't dig it Cutt...try it on a different day or somethin....sometimes I'll try a "new" band when in a certain mood...and I just blow it off...but you'll hear it one day and go...WTF is that??!!

If you want melody / sustance ...that is nothin' that shit with truly amazing shreddind involved ...that is what they do...and Warrel has never changed his style man...he does what he does...and he's the only one that does what he does...and I find that people either love it or hate it...not in between...

A couple people I knew who never liked them EVER all of a sudden perked some interest in Nevermore now...and now they love em...I dunno.. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

I digged it as SOoN as MY ears heard the Noise...Boom ..Hooked! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]

it is the most original , well written metal that has been heard in some time..Their sound is a formula..all their albums are pretty similar...they all know their nitch and and they are tight and work well together a a fine tuned machime ..well it always sounds that way..they have thero own sound and there has erup[oean band trying to cop their style with no success but the blatants ripp off is there..a band called Communic on Nuclear Blast...check that out..they are OK but Nevermore wannabes...

I got over 6000 metal cds ...so I got it...so what is better...Arch Enemy???...that's good too!

syl is ..I love the groove to LOVE...it's original , cool..and catchy...I like it..there some sick shit on this..

I like nevermore ..they are the most original metal band that has been around in a while , that is very dynamic , emotive clean / cool vocals (the guy can sing) and they extremeley gifted at what they do and they have been fine tuning their craft for about 13 years or so...that's how I view Nevermore..

They are NOT some new band that just jump on some moderm metal bandwagon...no these guys are THE originators ....and NOT the norm...that are finally getting their due...I couldn't believe it went this long...Jeff Will be on the Cover Of G W soon this is blatant and in good judgement ...it's inevitable...he's THAT good...all you have to do is listen to him..he speaks for himself...nobody can play like him at this moment...and that always means something to us ...die hard "shredders"

if your go to rag on a band...you can find more bands worthy of trashing than a band like Nevermore...

I can think of zillllllllllllllions.. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

don't get me started... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

DragonForce - Sonic Firestorm

So what if it didn't come out this year, I still listen to it all of the time.

Comment

Troy ..Check in Brainstorm , At Vance , Adagio , Symphorce amd Manticora , Pharoah , Valleys eve , Mystical Prophecy and Massiah's Kiss..and Persuader and Dyecast , Rawhead rex , Rising Faith , Dungeon..Crystal Eyes..I think you'll like 'em..

just a few names to play with..

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey there Bill, I'm familiar with all but 3 of those (good recommendations though, I'll be sure to check out those 3). Your old power metal thread basically described the "metal" half of my collection, the other half of it being rock/jazz/classical/blues. Rock on brother

Comment

Working...
                              X