UPS those mother f-erssssssss.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UPS those mother f-erssssssss.

Okay, I've got quite a few guitars. Not 40 like some over zealous collectors, but enough to keep me going.

I like to bid on things on eBay. I get angry when I see shit go for stupid cheap, so I pretty much bid on every single guitar I see (maximum I'm willing to pay) and then if I win, great, if not, oh well.

Well on eBay, I saw a Jackson DX10D. A guy at work just sold one, and I was suprised what he got for it at a local pawn shop. So I figured, eh fuck it, I'll bid on it, and if I hate it, I'll sell it to the pawn shop. Well I bid like 100$ or something stupid like that.

Some dick out bid me, and that pisses me off. I got into a bidding war. At any rate, I ended up paying 222$ for it, which still is a good deal.

Well, to the main purpose of this post. I really didn't "need" to buy another guitar, because well, shit I've been passing up good deals left and right, just because I don't buy out of want, I buy out of need. *(need is an adult emotion, kids won't understand :P ).

I bought this, and it didn't come with a case. I didn't inquire about shipping it in a case, and this is my new contention. I will NEVER, EVER, EVER buy a guitar that's not in a case again.

I got the box, opened her up (packing job from the store wasn't as good as I would have liked, but it was sufficient) and two small threaded metal pieces, that had a curve to them, fell out.

I didn't think anything of it. I went to setting up the guitar, to my liking. I noticed this,

They broke the threaded collar on the trem. Personally, I could care less about it, however I gave the box a once over. A fucking foot print on the front of the box, and a big dent, the length of the box on the back.

Luckilly, this was all of the damage. Granted, UPS didn't break the guitar completely, like has happened to some of you, but this was enough to sour my day.

Re: UPS those mother f-erssssssss.

How the hell did that break off?!?
    Judging by the break, it looks like the moron packed it with the trem arm installed.
    Those collars are pretty hard to break.
    Looking at the break, you can see it was definately done from the inside out, so something was inserted into the collar to cause that kind of damage.
    -Rick

Comment

No bar was in the guiatr when it was sent. There was a foot print on the front of the box (about on top of this)there was also a dent the length of the box on the back.

I just tossed the box in the garbage, but I also looked, where the headstock would have gone, it hit the top of the box a few times, and the lower strap button, smashed into the bottom of the box. I also, since I just tossed out the box (Wednesday morning is the trash pickup) and inside, not only was the imprint of the circle there, the whole freakin'! trem was imprinted on the box. Too bad it wasn't a CSI case, there would be some evidence.

The guitar is all good, just that collar. It's an easy fix, so I'm not worried about it. I just looked at it, and wondered, what the fuck?

It definately happened in transit, as the two pieces (I've kept them) had fallen out of the box when I got it. It's not a concern to me, my hand never goes over it, and I rarely use the trem bar (I'm such a waste when it comes to floyd roses :P )

I probably won't replace it, because a bar will still thread on it. If it jags me (which it hasn't) I'll smooth it with my dremel.

It is one of their import low trs or whatever style bridges, and they are made of metal that's not machined to the same specs of an orignal floyd/schaller.

This is the BIG question I've got. "how the fuck did they break that part of the guitar, and not the rest of it?"

Comment

The post took the hit for the rest of the guitar. Be happy it wasn't worse.

On the other hand, I've seen OFR inserts broken like that (J0419).
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

i NEED candy [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

i also would liketo know how this is possible [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

I've broken 2 just like that in the normal course of stupidity over the years [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] One with the bar in and one with the bar off when the guitar fell.It happens and its just the luck of the draw,wrong place at the wrong time [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I think possibly that some collars get weakened from wild trem action when the bar is loose in the collar,some of the cheaper trems have too much play if you don't keep them tightened. Easy enough to replace though

Comment

How do you know that the footprint wasn't there before the guitar was packed? I see marks on some of my boxes that include footprints, heavy marks, dents, etc. Some boxes get used several times before they're discarded and are sitting around on the floor, in attics, etc. I just can't imagine that a UPS employee would step on a box, let alone do that kind of damage. You do that kind of damage with a direct blow from a hammer! Just my 2 cents...

Comment

Trust me, they step on boxes, kick them and generally beat the shit out of them. Anyone who works in a warehouse that deals with UPS would back me up. The employees are pretty well protected and not held accountable and generally don't give a shit as long as it gets there on time.

Comment

Working...
                X