Fender neck prices?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender neck prices?

Didn't know which section to post in, so feel free to move it if you want, admins.

I'm looking for a Strat neck for a Model series project. Assuming I can't find a decent used one, what could I expect to pay for a new one? This guy has an ebay store selling off MIM Fender necks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...DME:L:RTQ:US:1

I'm wondering if these are decent enough or if I should spend the extra couple of bucks for a Warmoth. The only thing that worries me, is I've heard that the Warmoth necks need a little fret finishing, which I know nothing about. What do you guys think?

Re: Fender neck prices?

Those necks all have vintage frets, no? Is that what you want for your model series project? Dont model series necks have jumbo frets?

Comment

I'm not too worried about the fret size. I can play pretty comfortably on most anything. My Hamers all have medium frets and I can switch between them and my Charvels with no problem. Although, I don't know if I have ever played vintage frets or not.... [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

"Vintage" frets are tiny...you may not dig them.

Comment

Perhaps I'll have to go to the local GC and play a couple of Strats to get an idea about the vintage frets.

What do you guys think of the price for these necks? Worth it or no?

Comment

It depends on what exactly you want. I can tell you I paid a little over 200 for my 22 fret 96 or 97 USA Fender neck with maple board thats on this one
            http://shawnlutz.com/P7092714.JPG

I like that neck, I sanded down the finish off the back of it and it feels nice. I want another from the same period [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
            shawnlutz.com

Comment

If that's the case, then I'll be a little more patient and wait until the right neck comes along.

Thanks a bunch, guys.

Comment

I hate tiny frets
                I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Thanks for adding something worth while to this thread. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

I picked up a Mighty Mite maple/maple 22 fret neck for $79 brand new. I certainly wouldn't pay $145 for one just because it's a MIM Fender neck. The Mighty Mite ones are the correct headstock shape because they are licensed by Fender.
                    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Did the Mighty Mite necks need any kind of fret dressing, crowning, etc before using it? Also, I would prefer to get a neck that was predrilled if possible, but I've kept those in the back of my mind as well.

Comment

I paid JUST under that for a new Fender 21 fret replacement neck. has a Fender issued serial and everything. Also came with the holes predrilled. That is the "going rate" for a mim neck. The frets were nice and smooth, very nice neck. I was so impressed with the guy i bought a vintage trem and input jack from him to complete my project. Travis, if you want his ID pm me....
                        Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

the reason I didnt like the mighty mights are the dot spacing...anything other than C/J and USA Fender dot spacing just look wrong to me. Nothing says cheap more than one dot on the east coast and one dot on the west coast.
                          shawnlutz.com

Comment

Is there a bargain vendor that can get you a strathead in ebony/no dots or maple/MOP or abalone dots with jumbo frets?

Warmoth can, but for what seems like double what a MIM fender goes for.

The only thing I have not liked about the few MIM strats I have owned or touched is the skinny frets. I prefer at least mediums 'model' necks are great - but not real stratty.
                            When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Working...
                            X