Wow.. New In Flames.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow.. New In Flames.

I just saw the video for My Sweet Shadow and it has by far the worst array of vocals from them yet. The song was sounding okay up until everything cuts out and it goes to the clean part...

Re: Wow.. New In Flames.

I think the video is cool. I really like the song though...

Comment

are they going back to what they used to be ...or are they still trying to "dummy down" to appeal to us Ameritards?

with samples and Korn in my shit BS..
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Someone will surely disagree with me, but this song reminds me a lot of their Colony sound, and I consider it to be not only a good song, but one of the best tracks on Soundtrack. Yes, the electronica crap is terrible (ruined the album in my opinion), but the clean part fits the song.

I honestly believe that In Flames is capable of putting their Americanized (bad) phase behind them and making awesome metal again. If they do, Soilwork should take notes.
        sigpic

Comment

I really don't think you can compare em to their old stuff anymore. It's kind of a new phase for em, they stopped building on their old sound and took up a new one. I was talkin to the keyboard player from Dark Tranquillity and he even told the guys from In Flames he didn't like the new album as much, but as far as it goes, I like it a hell of a lot more than RTR, especially when they do certain songs live, the vocal melodies are slightly changed. Don't think they'll go back to their old style (everyone has used their old style in this new metalcore thing goin on), but I can live with their new style. Wanna see what they do for this next album

Comment

FYI that song is NOT new. it's just a newish video. and yeah...compared to whoracle/colony it blows.

the fast riff is pretty good..but man...those sissy whiny vocals are atrocious not to mention boring. Jesper looks bored when they play the new stuff too...I don't know what the deal is.

They claim their upcoming album "Come Clarity" will have more guitar "harmonies" than the last one. we'll see, I'm anxious as always. Love in flames. Even if they've thrown a few lemons at us. RTR has a stronger tracklist that STYE in my most excellent opinion. Trigger is great as are a few others.

Comment

Working...
            X