Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ACE , CLEVE JOHN , & BILL Z BUB\'s ..night o

Ace is a cool muthfucka G.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

sorry I was bustin' some rhymes before I came over here.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

So thats what Bill Goldberg looked like before hitting the juice!!!!!

Comment

Performance wise, both Edguy and Hammerfall were great last night. Both bands really focused on getting the crowd involved and they succeeded. The Hammerfall singer's wireless mic and in-ear monitors went out when they were going into their ballad and he got a little upset and went off the stage for a bit so the bald headed guitarist did a ripping solo for a little bit. Then the singer's stuff got working again and he switched patches on the guitarist (to a quiet patch) and people wanted more solos, but he wanted to do a ballad (despite after asking if people wanted solos or a ballad and everyone was yelling "SOLO!" It was pretty funny). Hammerfall guitarists were both using Jacksons... DKMG, and RR1T (possibly an import, couldn't get a good look at it).

Edguy was excellent and they all looked like they really enjoy playing out for people. They played this fast song towards the end of their set and that was probably my favorite song of the night. Very bad ass. Both guitarists were using ESPs.

Into Eternity had a terrible house mix, I felt bad for them. Really muddy, and difficult to listen to. I had to go outside.

Also, the local openers were fucking terrible. Some nu metal band and some other crappy band... I'm embarassed.

Comment

"So thats what Bill Goldberg looked like before hitting the juice!!!!! "

My son is OBSSESSED with WWE...He says I'm a cross between Bill Goldberg , Tyson Tomko (beard)..and A Train...this is his opinion.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I just wish I had their money...and some of that "juice" would prolly do me some good... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Sorry to hear bout Into Etenity that are a very talented band ...kinda looked like the "oddball" on the bill..but I know what their about and realy like 'em..a local "NU MEtal" band openend at a REAL metal show.....they should feel embarrassed not you..well not embarrassed...more like ..."Gay"...yeah that would be a better word. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Ace didn't say nuthin' 'bout us ...anything
          good ...bad..ugly...you mean we didn't leave that much of an impression on him...aaahhhh no wayy...I hung out with silly ass until almost freakin' 5am.. [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

No pics of you guys...aaaaawwwwwwwww.... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Ace is still on the road; he'll check in probably this next week.
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Sorry to hear bout Into Etenity that are a very talented band ...kinda looked like the "oddball" on the bill..but I know what their about and realy like 'em..a local "NU MEtal" band openend at a REAL metal show.....they should feel embarrassed not you..well not embarrassed...more like ..."Gay"...yeah that would be a better word. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Ace didn't say nuthin' 'bout us ...anything
              good ...bad..ugly...you mean we didn't leave that much of an impression on him...aaahhhh no wayy...I hung out with silly ass until almost freakin' 5am.. [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

No pics of you guys...aaaaawwwwwwwww.... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like Into Eternity on CD, but I've seen them play about 3 times, and I don't care for them. On CD they're much better, in my opinion. I'm embarassed because as of late all these national acts come through and nine times out of ten some crappy local act gets on the stage before them. It is no wonder why no one comes out to the REAL local metal shows - none of the real local metal bands get any coverage! Classic example. A local hardcore band was put on the bill for a brutal death metal tour that came through a while back. I have no problems with hardcore music, but when I go to a brutal death metal show, I want to see some brutal death metal, you know?

Like I said, it was a pretty quick meeting. My roommate wanted to leave right after the show and I drove him so I didn't have much of a choice, lol. He did mention you guys, though, said he had fun hanging out.

Comment

ACE..Dude this whole thread is about our meeting...please share you moments with your JCF bros John and the Bill Z Bub..and Vinny!!

We had a fuckin' blast that night man..Ace and I hung out until abput 5 AM.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

YOU are the only one here that got to meet us..our amps and you liked all my geetars..and the House of Bill Z Bub [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

and we all jamed!!! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Re: ACE , CLEVE JOHN , & BILL Z BUB\'s ..night out

[ QUOTE ]

Left to right: Bill, Bill's boy Vinnie (the next generation of true metal)Ace, and Me, John/Cleveland Metal...

[/ QUOTE ]

The photos are great. Vinnie's off to a good start. BTW, Bill/John do you guys get two-for-one deals at the barber [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                  I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Hehe... I hope not! I shave in the shower... DOH!!!!

Comment

Hehe... I hope not! I shave in the shower... DOH!!!!

Yes me too..I shave my balls in the shower...not John's shower..my shower.

I took a dump at his house once..I had a bellyache.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

ACE where are you???!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Sighh, I wish I was there! DAmn. Looks like you guys had a hell of a great timeee. keep it metal! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey tedgar whazzzup,

ACE WHERE IN THE ...F U C K...are you!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Here I am!! Yes it was great hanging out with you guys there in Cleveland!! You gus made me feel right at home!! I had a great time finally getting to meet these dudes that I know so well on the JCF!! And yes, I can tell you guys Bill is the real deal!! And his Jacksons and Charvels are SWEET. Especially the Koa Charvel. That thing played like a 20 year old stipper!! Can't keep your hands off her!! It's always the best feeling when your on tour to get away from the daily circus of the same 25 dudes plus a rotating cast of monitor guys/loaders/security guards/etc... and get to actually feel at home and welcomed in the cities that you visit instead of just seeing the inside of the venue, looking out the bus window at the downtown skyline and maybe hitting a restaurant within a quarter of a mile of where you parked.

Both Bill and John are great guys, and despite how he may come off sounding on the board sometimes, Bill is 100% genuine and that's fine by me!! They are both great guitar players with amazing arsenals that put mine to shame as well. As Bill said, all of our playing styles are different, but we all certainly can appreciate each other's talent and innovation. I'd love a chance to hang out and jam/talk gear/get wasted with these two knuckleheads again, and I see it happening hopefully in the near future!!

So, now I've met quite a few of you guys in person, here in L.A., several of you at NAMM(I feel really bad I was too hung over to stick around for much more than the photo shoot, this year will be different I promise!!) and a few of you have been awesome enough to come say hello to me when I'm out on tour!! As a footnote the JCFer I haven't met yet that I would most like to meet(now that I'm the only outsider to have actually met the infamous BILL Z BUB in person!) is my loving big sister Em!!!

In all everyone that I have met from this board in person have all proven themselves to be great interesting individuals, and I look forward to spending more time with all of you soon!!

ROCK ON EVERYONE, AND THANKS AGAIN BILL AND JOHN FOR TAKING ME IN AND MAKING ME FEEL AT HOME!!

Comment

Thanks Ace..Hell it was great hanging with you bro.. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

All I can say is that Ace is exactly what I expected..funny how you can get to know someone without really meeting them...Ace is a great dude!!! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

would be nice to get to do that again.. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

YES, I would also love to me my metal Sister Emmy...Its like we already REALLY know each other..that would be GREAT!!..it'll happen eventualy..

I would love a chance to meet all of you guys ..including NOT my friends..I think that would be hilarious!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

BillZ, John, Ace... we will meet up!! Yes we will. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                                You bros are the best! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                                Emmy loves ya!

Comment

Working...
                                X