Sharon's beef with Maiden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sharon\'s beef with Maiden

I have seen Maiden few times and Bruce is a master at crowed control.

I have seen him sic 15,000 fans on a couple idiots who were ripping out some seats (Very effective) Break up fights and what not all with assistance from the crowed. The man has the gift, so Sharon has to be very stupid to fuck with Bruce when he is holding a mic infront of 45,000 fans!

I get the feeling this just might be the steak through the heart for her.

Poor Ozzy...Only if she didn't keep him so doped up. I truely think he would'nt condone this. He knows what it's like to be on that end.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      [ QUOTE ]
      Iommi is the Godfather...not Ozzy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ozzy may be a mockery of his former self these days but Ozzy was the voice of Sabbath and he was badass then. There's no way to know for sure but I seriously doubt we'd have ever heard of Sabbath without Ozzy.

[/ QUOTE ]

And vice versa my friend. After all...it was Iommi's dark, heavy, doom and gloom riffage in a time predominantly made up of peace, flowers, hallucinogens and orgies that earned him the title of Godfather
      Hear the universe scream
      Bleeding from black holes
      Whom horns careless
      And whom God mourns

Comment

man, this shit is insane. those pics of steve and janick really did it for me.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
          no, iommi's the dad [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
          You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

Anyone heard about the singer from Otep's little comment?

OTEP frontwoman Otep Shamaya has posted the following message in her online diary:

"I was able to get away for a bit and visited a few friends & allies [co-conspirators] at Ozzfest in [San Bernardino] [Saturday] ... I arrived just in time to watch the mighty SLIPKNOT destroy the main stage ... I stood with Kelly Osbourne and a few other friends while the members 9 annhiliated the storm of people swimming before them ... it was great to catch up and see many of our supporters there as well ... the SoCAL chapter of the Shadow Soldiers were out in full force & it was a proud moment for me to see such solidarity ... I also witnessed the carnage that took place while IRON MAIDEN played ... I don't think its ever a good idea, I don't care how many albums you've sold or how big you think your ego is, to berate, insult, or subtly attack the man who started the festival you are playing on ... BLACK SABBATH fans are savagely loyal and it showed tonite ... eggs, water bottles, assorted other items were thrown at the stage ... I am not sure why there was such animosity spewed from the IRON MAIDEN camp, but it wasn't well received ... Perhaps they should start a Maidenfest and then they can insult whoever they like without the hypocrisy of using Ozzfest for your benefit and attacking its creators at the same time ... Eh, whatevah."

Someones trying to hard to eb an ozzy hangar on, I think this was the final nail in the coffin for ozzfest especially after all these crappy non metal bands going on there icp and crazy town...not to mention sucky bands liek bury your dead...

Ozz

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ozzy may be a mockery of his former self these days but Ozzy was the voice of Sabbath and he was badass then. There's no way to know for sure but I seriously doubt we'd have ever heard of Sabbath without Ozzy.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah but Sabbath is a Birmingham band, Zeppelin and Purple are from Birmingham too and they have one of the greatest rock singers, Plant and Gillan.
              Also from England a little bit later came Glen Hughes, Paul Rodgers, David Coverdale etc. and after them Dickinson, Halford etc.
              There were a lot of great British singers at that time around and Ozzy was the only "not so great" who got big.
              I think that Sabbath could have gotten a better singer.........maybe even sold more than they have now.....but we never now.
              "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Bottom line. When I go to see a band play, that's what I am there for. Keep your trap shut unless you are singing. Normal shit between songs is ok. Keep your ramblings, political or otherwise to your self.

No one wants to hear it. If you are gonna run your suck hole, be prepared to take some abuse. Not everyone agrees with you.

I am not saying that what happened is right or wrong. But I can understand why it happened.
                Scott
                Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Deep Purple and Zeppelin are not from Birmingham. Glenn Hughes from the Mk. III version of Purple is from the Midlands, not far from Birmingham, Coverdale (also in Mk. III) is from Redcar, Yorkshire, in northern England, and I believe that Plant and Bonham were also from the Midlands, but the rest of the guys in both bands are from southern England, as far as I know. It does make a big difference, culturally.

But definitely Birmingham is one of the biggest birthplaces of metal, since both Sabbath and Priest are from there. Sharon is a pure uppercrust London princess.

As far as Ozzy goes, the guy is toast now, but he wasn't always like that. He, not Sharon, put together the Blizzard of Ozz band, before he was much involved with Sharon. At that point, Sharon's brother David Arden was primarily responsible for managing Ozzy. I get the impression that Sharon was sort of an 'office girl with aspirations' at that point. Ozzy was her big meal ticket out of the Arden organization.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Bottom line. When I go to see a band play, that's what I am there for. Keep your trap shut unless you are singing. Normal shit between songs is ok. Keep your ramblings, political or otherwise to your self.

No one wants to hear it. If you are gonna run your suck hole, be prepared to take some abuse. Not everyone agrees with you.

I am not saying that what happened is right or wrong. But I can understand why it happened.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bottom line for me--I don't care if Bruce had insulted the Osbournes by name onstage everynight. It was extremely stupid and unprofessional of Sharon to do what she did. I'm more of a Sabbath than a Maiden fan (though I'm a fan of both), and I am extremely saddened by this. Sabbath suffered all through the '70s-80s from the actions of their thuggish managers (they even wrote songs like "Killing Yourself To Live" and "The Writ" about it), and to think that their management is now inflicting pain on others from whom they are profiting is sadly ironic.

Comment

• Re: Sharon\'s beef with Maiden

It's funny that any one in the land of "Free Speach" would be upset about someone speaking their mind.

The only thing I know of Bruce saying was in an interview a couple month back about all the reality TV thats going on in the states. He even mentioned that it was the brits who started it all. Not a big deal but Sharon has the media power and will be turning this into a "Bruce Dickinson said"...this and that.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Look at it this way Dave; I'm one of those "old" fans Bruce bitched about (47), but I was 22 when Maiden first hit these shores. I'm not the most fanatic fan, but I told everybody I knew about them when they were still obscure about those first 2 albums. I bought the first 5 albums, saw them live a couple times back in the day, and now Bruce is dissing guys like me. Maiden is great but I'm not that interested in their new stuff because there's a lot better power metal coming from newer bands as opposed to Maiden, for very few dollars I have to spend. So Bruce is pointing at my specific demographic and saying "Fuck you" to a degree. He's dogging the fans who made him a rockstar in the first place. Free speech, yeah, he has that right, and so do those who don't like what he said. The pressure in the metal community right now is for those who don't like what he said to shut up and give up THEIR free speech. Can you relate to that, even if you disagree?

Edited to add, it was Bruce's comments to Metal Edge that pissed me off, complaining about the casual American fans. I just realized you probably hadn't read those. I read it on the Metal sludge boards, I don't have a link but someone pasted the interview.
                        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Look at it this way Dave; I'm one of those "old" fans Bruce bitched about (47), but I was 22 when Maiden first hit these shores. I'm not the most fanatic fan, but I told everybody I knew about them when they were still obscure about those first 2 albums. I bought the first 5 albums, saw them live a couple times back in the day, and now Bruce is dissing guys like me. Maiden is great but I'm not that interested in their new stuff because there's a lot better power metal coming from newer bands as opposed to Maiden, for very few dollars I have to spend. So Bruce is pointing at my specific demographic and saying "Fuck you" to a degree. He's dogging the fans who made him a rockstar in the first place. Free speech, yeah, he has that right, and so do those who don't like what he said. The pressure in the metal community right now is for those who don't like what he said to shut up and give up THEIR free speech. Can you relate to that, even if you disagree?

Edited to add, it was Bruce's comments to Metal Edge that pissed me off, complaining about the casual American fans. I just realized you probably hadn't read those. I read it on the Metal sludge boards, I don't have a link but someone pasted the interview.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm all for free speech, even for those who oppose Bruce and his anthics. Throwing several projectiles and screwing with a band's and 40k+ fans' concert is NOT in the disclaimer.
                          You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

You're right, two wrongs don't make a right, but when you instigate a conflict, sometimes the retaliation will be a lot stronger than the initial provocation. Call someone an asshole in a bar and see if they call you a name back, or if they punch you. The guy's not necessarily right for punching you, but you should expect it if you start something in that environment.

The whole situation sucks, but just as Bruce is known to say what he thinks, Sharon is very well known to be vengeful. The rest of Maiden and the fans got the short end
                            which sucks, but I don't feel bad on Bruce's behalf at all.
                            He obviously no longer appreciates the fans who supported them back when they were a new band and not established as kings of metal. Hell, when HE left Maiden he dogged on THEM for years, until he was ready to come back. I bet he didn't buy any Blaze Maiden Cds, lol...
                            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

"No one wants to hear it. If you are gonna run your suck hole, be prepared to take some abuse. Not everyone agrees with you."

Shut up and Sing! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Bottom line for me is that this little pissing match should not have been played out in front of 45,000 people. The people that participated in that showed that (a) they have no class and/or (b) they have no ability to think for themselves.

I love Ozzy but you have to admit that Ozzy and Sharon are shitting on their fans and those who enabled them to make all that money with regularity. Take the way the remastering of the first couple Ozzy discs was done. That was a bigger slap in the face to you, me, metal fans world-wide, Bob Daisley, etc. than anything Bruce Dickinson has ever said. This conduct of theirs at Ozzfest shows that they didn't care about fucking up a show for 45,000 people.
                                I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Working...
                                X