Sharon's beef with Maiden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Sharon\'s beef with Maiden

When I went to Ozfest a couple years ago Ozzy didn't even play. That was the last time they'd get my money. Maiden? In my eyes they were pretty much done after Power Slave. I wouldn't spend my money now to see them.

I must be the kind of fan that BD is referring to. The same kind of fan that was at the Palladium in NYC circa 1981'ish to see them, and several times after until the new stuff started sucking.

But hey, that's just me.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Hotrod, I guess you've been lucky or I've been unlucky, but most musicians I've spoken with locally, though indeed pissed and mostly siding with Maiden, still agree that the cutting the PA trick is pretty common.

As for replacing Maiden once the tour starts, do any of you suggesting that really think that a replacement is availiable at a moment's notice? These tours are booked WAY in advance and you would pretty much have to cancel the tour. How pissed would the fans be then? A lot more than they are now.
      And we don't know that talks DIDN'T occur between the two camps during that time.

As for Sharon, she may be vindictive but she's not incompetent. She's built a hell of an empire and knows her shit. People are pissed right now but I bet half of those who are swearing off Ozzfest and anything Ozzy-related will by next year quietly buy tickets again if they like the bands on the bill.
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        As for replacing Maiden once the tour starts, do any of you suggesting that really think that a replacement is availiable at a moment's notice? These tours are booked WAY in advance and you would pretty much have to cancel the tour. How pissed would the fans be then? A lot more than they are now.

[/ QUOTE ]
        That I don't know, but it seems like I've heard that before on these kinds of deals. I think Velvet Revolver is going to be on the last seven dates of Ozzfest for now. I can't remember specifics, but I thought I'd remembered where bands have been replaced, sometimes due to schedule conflicts or medical/family emergencies with band members. It seems like they'd have a back up contingent either way. It does happen, these performers don't always play 100% of booked shows. Life/shit happens.

[ QUOTE ]
        And we don't know that talks DIDN'T occur between the two camps during that time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I imagine Sharon would've mentioned it in her tirade, Especially if she's trying to clear her own actions, "We tried talking with them and let them know that this isn't cool, but they did it anyway!". You know what I mean?

I'm not trying to argue Lerx, so I hope you don't take any of this as that, just debating with you [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. It's all good.......... [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Absolutely! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] I'm not thrilled with either side, Bruce or Sharon. Sad the fans and the rest of Maiden got in the middle. I've just seen enough similar shit in the last 33 years to not be so surprised or outraged about it as some of us are. The WWE got half their schtick from real-life tales of bands on tour! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            The WWE got half their schtick from real-life tales of bands on tour! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
              X