Northwest Airlines mechanics strike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northwest Airlines mechanics strike

Whether you are pro-union or anti-union, for the strike or against the strike. Don't fly NW. I stopped in and checked their hangar last night to see what was going on and it was scary. Those guys looked fresh out of school. Their was a whole group of them that were looking at tooling like they had never seen anything like that before. Very scary, considering that they were on their own and didn't have any experienced guys to lead them. I have talked to guys in other stations that have seen the same thing. Not good at all.

Re: Northwest Airlines mechanics strike

I think anyone that flies with an airline whose mechanic workforce is striking is lining up for natural selection.
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I'm glad I don't get out much...I flew the family down to florida once..

once.

that's enough... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I couldn't agree with you more Horns. The last time I flew my ticket read "Bill" and my license read "William". I had to convince the "security person" that Bill was a short name. And this was before all the cavity searches started. Now, the airlines are basically bankrupt. Between the hassles at the airports and the ever increasing need to save money, the only way I'm going to fly is if I can flap my arms and get my 260lbs off the ground. Then if I crash, it's all my fault. Too many airlines, too many planes, too few mechanics. It will take one domestic crash to really get fliers to wake up and realize how risky this business can be.
        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

I fly a lot. 12 times this year already and another 6 before xmas... Been flying since i was 3, maybe i take it for granted as just another cheap way to travel, but there are only 4 airlines i use.

Comment

1. Air Riwanda, 2. Air Sri Lanka, 3. Air Congo and 4, Air Today, Gone Tomorrow [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I use Ryanair, SAS, Easyjet and Occasioanlly British Airways when i go Transatlantic

Comment

Oh GREAT!!! I leave for the Philippines Sept 5th on NW!!! Well I guess if it's my time to go then so be it... can't change flights now...

Comment

Does NW stand for "NO WAY"?

Comment

The best time I had flying was when I was 16 going to Denmark with my Dad on a 747.
                    They let me go to the bar upstairs (remember those?)and I met with "Jerry Rafatey"(sp)and his band. They were already pretty lit.
                    They ask me if I wanted a "FAG" I'm like "What the hell are you talking about" ready to kick some ass. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
                    "A camel sig he says" duh [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] oh ,ok
                    I asked for a Screwdriver, and they didn't know what that was.
                    After 3 drinks, the stewy kicked me out.
                    I did bring 2 hot chicks up to meet them though.
                    They were cool people.

Comment

Diversion due to mechanical:

http://www.billingsgazette.com/index.php...west-flight.inc

And another:

http://www.woodtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=3752902

Comment

I can't believe they are still flying with a mechanic strike going on.

I used to work at Detroit Metro when I was in college and I remember one time American Arlines got popped with using auto parts on their engines [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I used to travel frequently for business from the age of 23-30. I grew to hate it with a passion. I recently flew to San Jose CA and was anticipating a a big security hasstle but actually it isn't that bad, other than having to remove you shoes and stuff, not a major change.
                        shawnlutz.com

Comment

I was talking to someone who works at NWA a couple days ago. All I can say publicly is if a plane I was about to fly on was being fixed and flying out of Dulles Int'l in Washington DC, I'd be booking a flight on another airline pronto.

Comment

Fire every last frekin one of the strikers and hire new ones.

Matt

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Fire every last frekin one of the strikers and hire new ones.

Matt

[/ QUOTE ]

Here are the some of the new hire mechanics.I particularly like the guy whose picture is the forth one down. He would give me alot of confidence that I would make it to my destination safely.

http://www.amfa5.org/scabs%20pic%20page.htm

Comment

Working...
                              X