Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Searching for prog or melodic metal Educate me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Searching for prog or melodic metal Educate m

Rhapsody?

Comment

Thanks G...That is about probably 1 / 10 of my collection at the most too...but it is the important power / prog / and classic metal that most would and I myself really enjoy..

I wish I could list everything...eventually I will..

I have and collect the best metal of all genres...be it Black metal , Prog metal , power metal , Deat metal , all that sewdish thrash stuff...and very OOP and obscure stuff too..

Like I said...this is all I do..and really enjoy...it's my life.

I have orders coming in as we speak..I'm waiting for a Century Media shipment...should be here today!!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

C'Mon UPS man!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Rhapsody? .... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

well of course...But I cut and pasted this crap in a hurry...it appears I missed the entire 'R" section....oh well..

I'm sure RHAPSODY is used as a reference at least 20 times in my brief descriptions though.. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Awesome List Bill!

I have printed it out and will check out some of the recommendations next time I am on a CD binge.

That's 1/10th???

Got pictures of 10/10ths?
          Love to see them if you do!
          Charvel: Model1, 2 & 5, Surfcaster 12
          Jackson: DK2, JRS-2, Kelly

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            That's 1/10th???

[/ QUOTE ]
            yea, Bill's goal at the outset was to provide a comprehensive list of the best power/prog metal. Basically the best stuff in his collection with clean vox. And not everything out there - just the good gear!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

The harsh vox list was to follow, but I think he kinda burnt out on the whole idea. As you can see, he didn't get all the way through this list. I'm absolutely lost when I find myself in the U-Z section at the CD store [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            Hail yesterday

Comment

cool dude...I'l just keep doin' this stuff..

I came to a point where I hate taking chances buying CRAP with my $$$...when it could have went to buying something so much better...our new friend..2loud2old asked for this particulair genre and I put little smiley faces next to a few of my faves..that I think..he'll enjoy..and he will! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Bill, I love what you say about King's X in that list. I absolutely worship every album until, and including, Dogman.

Doug Pinnick is my favorite bass player of all time. I have never heard anyone play or sound like he does. That rumbling, moving bass line thing he does, kills me everytime I hear it.

I own all of their albums but don't listen to any after Dogman...well, a few tunes on Earcandy are good, but nothing after that.
                Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Jimmy, Reb Beach records some stuff with Doug, I've heard it is gonna be old-school King's X + Reb's Winger riffs type of thing. Can't wait.
                  "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Fates Warning, Evergrey, Symphony X.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Man, that will be incredible. Thanks for the info! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                      Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        I own all of their albums but don't listen to any after Dogman...well, a few tunes on Earcandy are good, but nothing after that.

[/ QUOTE ]
                        Dogman is my favorite, and I even saw them on that tour! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I'm not crazy about their stuff after that album either.

Comment

Did you see them with Scorpions or on thier own? They kick ass live - Ty is a monster.
                          Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

They were on their own in a small club. I don't remember if any other smaller bands opened for them or not.

Comment

Re: Searching for prog or melodic metal Educate me.

Some of My Favs

Nightwish - Tarja Turtunen -need I say more
                              Elis
                              Epica
                              Ayreon - Outstanding CDs
                              After Forever
                              Edenbridge
                              The Gathering - Not so Symphonic , but awesome
                              Lacuna Coil - More Goth Prog
                              Leave Eyes
                              Dream Theater
                              Fates Warning - One of the first Prog-Metal
                              Within Temptation - True Symphonic with prob the best female vocalist Sharon den Ardel
                              Pegans Mind
                              Shadow Gallerey
                              Evergrey
                              Circle II Circle - Ex Savatage vocalist
                              Symphony X- New Jersey Prog
                              Tristania - Beauty and the Best Vocals

More and more poping up everday on the euro market. I think if they get rid on the "grunt" vocals some of these bands would be much better

Comment

Re: Searching for prog or melodic metal Educate me.

as far as "grunt" vox go..I could understand the dislike...alot of it truly sucks ass..

but their is some good ones...aggressive music...needs aggressive vocals..in my opinion..it's a package deal..

Halford fronting Arch Enemy wouldn't be right...and Angela fronting preist would suck..

Jimmy , Have you heard "Supershine"..It's very cool..Doug pinnick on vox / bass and Bruce Franklin (trouble) on guitar...NICE!

I love Kings X..since they came out ..Dogman was the last good one imo...I had eary candy and the one after that...it wasn't that good...I traded those in.."missippi Moon" was catchy..that's all I remeber. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Well I need the room...I'm running out of room to store this stuff..

UPS just came ..yeah.. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X