Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Searching for prog or melodic metal Educate me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Searching for prog or melodic metal Educate m

[ QUOTE ]
    I'm here to please... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
    Are you here to please Jesus and feel his salvation all over your face? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

"Are you here to please Jesus and feel his salvation all over your face?"

oh sure but it would probably be my salvation that will grace his hairy mug...hey that would make me gay...but you know what...cool....it'll be worth it... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I will baptize him with my unholy seed..
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

LOL [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

My very favorute SP episode of all time..Faith + one ..

I taped it...seen it prolly about 20 times now..

I love you Jesus..you died for my sins and you know i'll die for you...right.....so take my baby...my Jesus baby.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Bill, you should buy the Passion of the Jew dvd... Faith + 1 is one of the other episodes on there. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I got em on tape...well I taped them...I like to get all the season on dvd...I am the biggest SP fanatic in the world..

it's the only show that touches me...in a special place... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

no other show even comes close to SP IMO...not even close!

Comment

Nice hijack! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
                Tarja Turtunen - http://www.tarjaturunen.com/
                Sharon den Adel - http://www.within-temptation.com/<br

[/ QUOTE ]
                [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] are you serious? Tarja isn't really that hot if you ask me, and certainly not more so than Sharon. If you are ranking by talent, I'd go with that list although..actually that chick from The Gathering probably had the best female voice in metal...the name escapes me at the moment. They are quite an interesting band at that because they started out as death metal then dropped the growler and went with the female singer, Anneke. Unfortunately with each successive album they moved further away from metal and closer to experimental progressive or trancerock. Its sorta disappointing but the albums are still quality. So its hard to fault them, but I wish they would release another album like Mandylion or Nightime Birds. Their singer most definitely rocks though.

Comment

The singer in Nightwish isnt hot? To each his own. My guestamation she could be a model if she waned to.
                  Tarja works with Lamcome, Last time I checked Lancome didnt have ugly models?
                  Also I've already posted on other threads about how awesome Anneke from The Gathering is.
                  I also think Mandylion is a great CD, but they will never do CDs like that again, they are way past that.

The list I posted was not the Holy Grail of Hot Women in Rock/Metal its my fav list. and thats why your you and I'm me
                  [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

I never said she was ugly or even not hot, just not THAT hot (as in to top Sharon or even Cristina). Matter of personal taste of course, but thats the first time I've ever seen her top a list of the hottest women in metal, personal list or no [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Yea I don't think they will ever do cds like Mandylion again either. Its sorta how I feel about Blind Guardian. I like their old more speed metal influenced stuff than their new 1000 choir sound, still great stuff and I still get the cds, but eh, its just not the same. Its a natural progression though and unlike Metallica its not like they are putting out pure crap on a stick.

Comment

Sinergy, Nightwish, Children of Bodom Lacuna Coil- ANYTHING from Finland, I have recently been getting heavily into the Euro/Finland Metal. It is my new favorite music
                      This space for rent

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Sinergy

[/ QUOTE ]
                        Yeah, Sinergy is awesome! Kim Goss has an amazing voice, and she's hot! [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] I've got their first two albums, Beware The Heavens and To Hell And Back. I've gotta pick up Suicide By My Side soon. I hear they're supposed to put a new one out soon, too, but someone else told me they broke up, so I don't know. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

I hung out with Kimbery Goss for about an hour...she and my singer really hit it off .."NOT KIDDIN"...there was magic in the air...I couldn't talk to either of them once they started talking....which was funny to be honest..

but she's little chubby girl ...a lil' too chubby for me...she has Tig Ol' Bitties tho....that's for sure..kinda like his wife... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Kim used to live in Parma Ohio for a little while ..this is true..which is basically cleveland...

OK I'll be back with the Girl band stuff..maybe..

if you behave... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Metal chicks ...fronting metal bands.. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

let's pay homage to that right now ...I see that Star Rider has already started..and I concure with his thoughts..

I will only name bands..you do the investigation but some are ..the "obvious"..to some.

Let's see...let's start with those who have paved the way...Doro comes to mind..and she's still keepin' it tight when I saw her for Dio...I'd still hit that..and she sounded great.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Anne Boleyns of HELLION MUST be akowledged...the female Dio IMO.. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

and a few way ahead of their time death maetal chicks that paved the way to the likes of Angela of Arch Enemy...me thinks.

Dawn Crosby of the band Fear of God...may she RIP [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Karen Crisis...of the death metal band Crisis..may she RIP [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Oh Leather of Chastain.. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

There was a band called Sentinel Beast from 1986 with a cool chick frontwoman..

OK..here is my two favorite all time female vocalist..

Number 1.. on that list is Annekke from the Gathering [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Number 2.. would be Tarja of Nightwish..if an angel can sing ...that is what it would sound like to me.. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

OK..here is a few more..in random order.

After Forever...great stuff.
                            Epica...VERY Nice
                            Fatima Hill ..of Japan...no she doesn't sing like elmer fudd either.
                            Lana Lane...man she been working hard in the power prog scene for years and gets very little props ..IMO
                            Fear Of God..well they only put out two records before Dawn died..I like the first release..the last one..is a little ..well...different
                            Crisis..Karen...another aquired taste..total shreiking and gruff death metal..but she's dead now.
                            Paradigma....doom/gothic metal with nice saprono vocals.
                            Scanner...yeah the old classic German metal band came back with a female fronting them and changed their entire sound..I wasn't pleased with the results..but Lisa Croft does have a pleasant voice...just not "fitting" for Scanner
                            Rain Fell Within...This is a must for any fans of early Nightwish..very good.
                            Silent Cry...goth/doom metal..nice female vox..
                            Sinister...yep the hardcore death metal band..now fronted by a female growler..on their "Savage or Grace"..
                            Sinfonia ...great prog metal with a girl who sounds similair to Anneke on vocals..
                            Sins of thy Beloved...any fans of Tristiana would dig this..
                            Tristiana....awesome shit!
                            Power Symphony..Total dark power metal from italy MY HOMIES..with a girl who is hot and sounds like bjork..at times..I really like this...well she's a satanist...so it appears.
                            Theate of Tragedy...awesome , very dark gothic metal..Live Kristen has an amzing voice..but they lost me when they went .."tecno"..they are probably back to form by now..
                            Transcendace...very good stuff..
                            Within Tempation...like mentioned earlier here ..kick ass stuff.
                            Xandaria...well if you love Within Temption...you'll like this..chances are you already have it..
                            Lucuna Coil...been a fan of theirs before anyone here knew who they were...I bet Jimmy's last ball on that.
                            Sinergy....need I say more..
                            Lullacry...Very cool band..
                            Asrai...."touch in the dark"...cool doomy , goth metal..
                            Edenebridge...awesome female fronted prog power!!!
                            Mandragora Scream...from italy..more of my HOMIES ...like early Lucuna Coil but not as cool IMO..but worth of mention.
                            Opera IV...Total black ' death metal from a hot chick..not often..but damn I lkike this..Cadaveria..is now ting another band of same name..

yes there is many more female fronted bands such as Darkwell , My ruin , Tapping the vein..and etc..but go nuts..and add a few more..I'm sure I have it...but this was off top of my head..

Oh..I'm a fan of someone we all know as Emthrax..yes our metal Sis Emmy has a VERY good voice..she reminds a bit of Pat Benetar in range and tone but not in style..IMO

Emmy's into the more surreal , atmopheric almost darkwave metal such as The Gathering and some Theatre of Tragedy...and I'm really down with what's she's doing....I would LOVE to work her into my own stuff someday..and when she has a cd out..I'll buy it! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

BTW..Must gives props to Diva of Cradle of Filth and that angel (her name evades me) .... wouldn't be what they are withouth them..as well as many other bands in that genre..

Hail...to our sisters of metal that kick total fucking ass!

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

EXactly...Im take time out of my day and do the work..and I get no replys..or responses.

not much insentive for me to continue with the metal topic now is there..sigh.. [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

this is why I always drop it..sad to say.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                EXactly...Im take time out of my day and do the work..and I get no replys..or responses.

not much insentive for me to continue with the metal topic now is there..sigh.. [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

this is why I always drop it..sad to say.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe their all homos hehehehehe how can you not respond to the hotties who front these bands [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                                Hey thanks for filling in the blanks I left.
                                BTW: this is my new fav type of rock
                                Chicks RULE [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X