Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Searching for prog or melodic metal Educate me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Searching for prog or melodic metal Educate m

There is nothing hotter than a good looking chick singing metal. That is a huge fucking list Bill.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Oh..I'm a fan of someone we all know as Emthrax..yes our metal Sis Emmy has a VERY good voice..she reminds a bit of Pat Benetar in range and tone but not in style..IMO

Emmy's into the more surreal , atmopheric almost darkwave metal such as The Gathering and some Theatre of Tragedy...and I'm really down with what's she's doing....I would LOVE to work her into my own stuff someday..and when she has a cd out..I'll buy it! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

BTW..Must gives props to Diva of Cradle of Filth and that angel (her name evades me) .... wouldn't be what they are withouth them..as well as many other bands in that genre..

Hail...to our sisters of metal that kick total fucking ass!

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just want to Thank You, BillZ, for being respectful to the women of metal and for the very highest compliment of being included in your list of metal worthiness!

I don't normally jump into these threads because it pisses me off to no end to see talented women only being mentioned for their "hotness" or lack thereof, and whether or not they are "hit" worthy. To those of you who have been so disrespectful, SHAME on YOU. Shame Shame Shame Shame. I could say more and let my Italian temper out, but I will reign it in. Lucky You. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

But my dear BillZ isn't like that. He knows good music and I respect his opinion very much. I have never been disappointed in any of his metal recommendations! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

The talented lady that did the ethereal vocals on Cradle of Filth's "Nymphetamine" is Liv Kristine. She is one of my favorite vocalists. She and Anneke of The Gathering are two of my biggest heroes.

-Emmy

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        I don't normally jump into these threads because it pisses me off to no end to see talented women only being mentioned for their "hotness" or lack thereof, and whether or not they are "hit" worthy. To those of you who have been so disrespectful, SHAME on YOU. Shame Shame Shame Shame. I could say more and let my Italian temper out, but I will reign it in. Lucky You.

[/ QUOTE ]
        Anneke is my favorite too, and I've never even seen a picture of her! Its all about the voice (well MOSTLY, I can't lie. But the voice is 90% of it [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])

Liv Kristine, ok I KNOW I've heard that name before. And I don't listen to COF..where else would I have heard her?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Liv Kristine, ok I KNOW I've heard that name before. And I don't listen to COF..where else would I have heard her?

[/ QUOTE ]

Most notably, Theatre of Tragedy. Also did guest vocals with Atrocity before Cradle of Filth.

Comment

Hey You [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I hope you know my (hotties) was ment as Very Attractive, and not degrading at all, that wasn't my thought when I posted. To me all the women I posted about happen to very attractive as well as very talented singers, way more then any male counterparts. To me its more like when all the women use to chase The Beatles around. I never really got it until recently all the women showing up in bands. Like I sad some of these women could be models. I'm a musician and respect their talent as a musician, and then noticed WOW! [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] these women are smokin (not disrespect)

Also Liv started her own band with musicians of Atrocity.
            Leaves Eyes is the band name.
            Also check out her sisters band Midnattsol as awesome as Liv

Comment

Emmy ..well thanks for your thanks..

No need I must give props to those who amoung THE best in metal ..with undeniable talent..that should and must be heard!

Those who writes their own music from their hearts...not some "pretty" , little , marketable big record label money making sell out little whore puppet..

I hate sell outs , posers , phony mutherfuckers..and to me the ANTITEHSIS of all that I have mention thus far is as follows..

Britney Spears , Fred Durt , Tommy "fuck you up the ass" lee and the likes of that living abortion known as Eminem..and their "ilk"

and no matter what ANYONE thinks of my opinion ..means not a shit to me man..I call it like a see it!

because "I" know music...real..."pure"...music....because I support it , and buy it...about over 30K worth..

Don't lose sight of what real METAL and Music is..

and fuck ALL prepackaged , homoginized , pop radio swill!!!

ALL these big record label puppets...they can all go suck my balls..and those who support them!

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
              X